• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Restoration Questions

70 EB Chicago

Loc.
Chicago
OK. It's time for me to save my EB from the quickly spreading rust. Before winter there was no visible rust on my all original body. Now that winter has passed, there is a large patch of rust on the driver quarter panel in front of the tire. Also, there are signs of rust on the rocker panels, floor panels, and bleeding between the upper and lower quarter panels. It happened so quicly!!!
I think it might be time to restore before it's too late. I would imagine (if I want the body to last another 35 years) I am going to have to start soon.
QUESTIONS:
- Does anybody know any good body shops in the Midwest? I live in Chicago.
- How much have you all spent on stopping rust and paint jobs inside and out? Unfortunately I don't have a lot of cash but want it done right. Hell, I'll get a second job if I have to.

Any advice/comments would be great. I appreciate the help.

john32

same question here... any shops in the southeast that do good with ebs??

ghost66

Bronco Guru
Just be very careful with who does your resto and check with previous customers and get their feedback, I've heard many horror stories about not getting what you pay for, getting the Bronco returned in a torn down state, and overcharging. I was lucky I know the guy that worked on my Bronco and I was there constantly checking and helping with whatever I could to make sure things were done the way I envisioned them.He doesn't usually do Bronco's his real interest is 50's Chevy's and he restores and sells them at Barrett Jackson Auctions, as a matter of fact he just sold a 58 Impala in the Florida Auction for $76,500.00. Guess I was in the right place at the right time. He's located in St louis but I don't know if he up to another Bronco.
Check out my gallery, it's not complete but you can see where it was and where it is as of a few weeks ago.It's finished now but i haven't updated the photos.

mtkawboy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Billings Mt
The biggest problem is that most shops including a friends have a sign up that says all restoration work will be done on a priority basis. All collison and late model insurance work has priority over restoration work. This means dont make any plans to use the Bronco in the next 2 or 3 years at best