• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Ride Height

jason barker

Need help with real numbers. I am building a 68 hardtop. Need height from top to ground of diff setups. 5" lift with 35s. 3" with 33s etc. Need to buy lift but want to fit in garage. Thanks

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey Jason. Welcome to CB!
Mine's a soft top, but it should still be close to the same as a hard top. Within a reasonable amount anyway.

3.5" lift, 33" Swampers.

Almost 79" at the peak.

Hope that helps.

Paul

fetorino

Loc.
Orange, CA
No top right now

Mine is 75" from the ground to the top of the windshield frame.

4" front coils with a winch and 3.5" BC leafs and a 1" WH bodylift. All this sitting on 35" BFG KM2s

stock1970

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Olathe, Kansas
I have a 76 with a 2 inch body lift, new duffs 3.5 sl and new body mount bushings.. tires are mtz 35s which are not really 35 inches tall.. i forget their exact hieght, I also have a speedy track soft top, anyways I have a standard garage door .. i have about 1.25 inches from top of bronco to weather strip that hangs down. I am thinking I could go with 37s and rub the weather stripping.. one think though I cant park in the middle of the garage because the arm for the door opener is to low.. that would tear a hole in the top at its highest point.. if i let the top down then i have 4 inches at least..

stock1970

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Olathe, Kansas
maybe go with a 3.5 inch sl and then add a body lift later if you can. or just run your bronco up on some boards to see how much higher it can be..