• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on.

Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

OH Roadster door metal backing plates (OEM style)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gas Pig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Many of you guys know I do these metal backing plates. Right now I’m starting a headcount on how many guys need a set.

Anyways, for the guys who don’t know... these backing plates were copied off of original roadster set so they work on original factory Ford fiberglass door inserts. They also have been used with all different kinds of aftermarket OE style door inserts too. In other words they are prefect for U13 restoration but since they are made thicker they the originals these backing plates are great for a trail rig or resto-mod Bronco too.

In the past the backing plates round about $125 + ship. But if it’s a smaller quantity they might be a bit more $135. Once I get a ballpark of quantity needed I’ll pin down a price from my metal fabricator.

Thanks and if you need a set please post or PM me.
Jeff

Attachments

• 75C546D0-297E-4E21-8373-3834BD0AED3D.jpg
    75C546D0-297E-4E21-8373-3834BD0AED3D.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 213
  • 4421E3D9-7CCB-4850-8F50-13C386D89BCE.jpeg
    4421E3D9-7CCB-4850-8F50-13C386D89BCE.jpeg
    116.4 KB · Views: 209

T-Bird

Loc.
East TN
Jeff, how much would just both fronts be? my original rears are in excellent condition.
Thanks
Terry
When are you going to make repo whitco tops and doors? ;D

OP
OP
Gas Pig

Gas Pig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Jeff, how much would just both fronts be? my original rears are in excellent condition.
Thanks
Terry
When are you going to make repo whitco tops and doors? ;D

Hey Terry, just for the fronts I’m thinking he’ll be around $55-65.

And yes the next thing I’m going to have him look at is all the Whitco top hardware! ;D My U13 is been without an original top far to long. I would love for my roadster to have a top again! ;)

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
If you are considering a set of these, buy them! They are excellent!

BajaFresh75

Bronco Guru
These are legit! Once installed and painted, even the biggest critic can't tell from original.

OP
OP
Gas Pig

Gas Pig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Ok... looking at the list of guys, I’m going make 12 full sets and pair of fronts.

I’ll put my order in tomorrow. Normally it takes a couple weeks before my metal fabricator gets them back to me so I can finish them off.

Thanks and I’ll keep you guys posted!
Jeff

OP
OP
Gas Pig

Gas Pig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Ok finally got they ordered up. Unfortunately do to my metal fabricator post COVID lockdown he is in a bit of a production crunch. So he is thinking 6-7 weeks. He said if things go smoothly maybe a bit sooner.

Thanks and I’ll keep you guys posted!
Jeff

77Bronco636

As others have stated these are top notch!! I keep an extra set on the shelf as you never know when you could run across another roadster!!! Thanks for selling the good stuff Jeff!!

Jedhead

If you can still add to the order I will take a set I don't need just because your fabricator does some nice work.
Jed

Status
Not open for further replies.