• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rock auto parts

triracer67

Contributor
Just finished installing new axle shafts, bearings, and seals for the rear axle with Yukon replacements from Rock Auto. The kit was less than any other place I could find, and they are quality stuff. I also swapped out the brake cylinders with Raybestos ( from rock auto), since the junk I got a local parts store leaked the first day I installed them. I gotta say, first experience with rock auto was a success.

Scotty

Others here have complained about mixed results.

I've had only one problem: I ordered a replacement bumper for my father's suburban (my mom failed to put her car in park; it rolled and damaged hers and his. Her car got fixed.). The bumper arrived in a box measuring (about) 6' x 20" x 20". The nuts and bolts were loose inside the box; we couldn't tell if we received all that hardware as the box had been dragged and torn in one corner. The bumper was fine in a foam wrap and heavy plastic bag.

One call and RockAuto (or their supplier) sent me an 8" cube box with the nuts and bolts. It took a few more days, but I wasn't in a hurry to install.

- Scott

jcasey12

I've had good luck with Rock Auto with several purchases, most recently a rebuilt carb for my Bronco. The price was much better than any other I found and ( year or so later) still running great.

swmrdrn

I ordered some parts for my recently completed explorer serpentine swap and the parts were great, affordable and arrived fast. I have never tried to return anything so I can't comment on that. If I have a doubt about a part then I try and order it on amazon if possible. Amazon returns are easy.

Hozr

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Oly, WA
I just tried to order a bunch of parts from RockAuto and it wanted to charge me 5x for shipping from 5 different warehouses. It made my $175 order over $275 total. Sorry RockAuto, Free shipping from Amazon Prime will win every time over that mess.

1 order = 1 shipping charge

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
Rock auto is great for finding a selection of the same part so you can actually buy the brand you want to pay for. I try to buy old name brands when I can and always avoid the cheapest stuff.

jmangi62

Bronco Guru
I just tried to order a bunch of parts from RockAuto and it wanted to charge me 5x for shipping from 5 different warehouses. It made my $175 order over $275 total. Sorry RockAuto, Free shipping from Amazon Prime will win every time over that mess.

1 order = 1 shipping charge

^^^^^ Yep. ;D:cool::D;)

bax

Contributor
Old Member
No luck here. They suck if you get a bad part. Hell I think they suck in general.