• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Roll Bar metal - add on

Walter Hinz

Loc.
Cedar Grove, NJ
I finally found a local roll bar..

However, I want to weld a few options onto it. It is 1 1/2 tube. Any ideas on where I can find 1 1/2 tube? I went to Home Depot , but they only have very heavy pipe or galvanized steel. I am assuming these are not good candidates?

Any ideas?

Thanks...

Gummi Bear

Bronco Guru
You need to go to a metal mart, a home improvement store won't have what you need.

At the VERY LEAST, use HREW or CREW tubing, NOT PIPE!!!

Pipe will bend and crush in a rollover, leaving you and/or passengers dead.

DOM tubing is even better still, than the REW tubings.

If you're not absolutely certain of your welding ability, take it to a real fab shop (not a 4x4 boutique, if you see a lifted Super Duty on 20"+ wheels and lots of bolt on crap in the lot, that's a flag, they probably don't do real fab work. If you see a bunch of dented rigs with rock rash on the tires, and the cages are in tact on all of them, you've got a winner)

wildbill

Old Bronco Guy
;D ;D ;D You want 1 1/2"x 1/8" tubing a steel supply should be able to find it for you. Or find someone loco that has and works on race cars good luck and have fun. %) %) %) Bill :cool: %) :p