• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Roll cage advise

BroncoB-rad

I am adding on a front roll cage to my current 4 point cage.

Bronco is red and all interior as well as trim all in black

My plan was to do a black powder coat hammered look to roll cage.

any other ideas as to colors that would look good? would love to see some pics of anyones roll cages in color other than black

One option has caught my eye, silver vein. just can't tell if it will look amazing or terrible

appreciate the input

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'm a fan of the silver vein options...kinda like black, it seems to go with just about anything. Only downside is that it generally requires a clear coat over the top, so it tends to be a little bit more expensive than a color that doesn't require the additional clear coat step. I just did a batch of some parts I made for various projects, including skids for my milling machine and air compressor, as well as a weight rack for my home gym, all in silver vein, and they turned out super nice. For a trailer load of parts, the added cost for the clear coat was only $50 or $75 IIRC.

charlie6976

Loc.
Grand Coulee WA
Maybe mock up something. Roll up some stiff paper the size of your roll bar and paint/decorate it. Then see how it looks in your Bronco.

Weevil

If it is going off-road look at a professional cage with a continuous loop on the floor behind the driver so it won't punch thru . I recently bought a Bailie Built Cage . They advertise on this site . I also am running their bumpers . They are great products and Gordon does really nice work