• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Roll Cage dimension????

mike9624

Does anyone have measurements for full cage or some type of blue print to fab from scratch???

Bronco_Rider

Loc.
Brentwood, Ca
Hi,
Take a look at what is out there then improve on it. Be aware that the windshield slopes in toward the centerline of the vehicle.
Also be aware that the cross bars that tie the front hoop to the back hoop should be close to the center of the vehicle or as close to the door as possible. They are tough on the head. If you slope the main hoop back it will avoid headaches also.
When I did mine I used plywood patterns and set them in place to check fit.

A thought would be to have owners share pictures and pick the best ideas from each.

Good Luck,

Bronco_Rider

OP
OP
M

mike9624

thank for the help I have seen many I liked but was hoping someone had a blueprint or something. I guess I will try and make a template before I start bending.

67ster

Bronco Guru
I've used conduit and a bending hickey to make patterns . The stuff is cheap so if you mess up a bit ,a new pattern is easy .