• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Roll cage height for Rampage soft top??

bbfarms

Loc.
Maybee (48159)
Cage is D&C Extreeme and as it sits (un cut) it is about 3-4" higher then the top of the windshield frame. This is an eyeball measurement, not and actual one. (while I was holding it and trying not to scratch the paint..)

Talked to a guy at Jeff's Bronco Graveyard, he is saying that the Rampage is OK for a taller roll cage, he stated that most are 2-3 above the top of the windshield line.

So before I start cutting and welding....can somebody give me some actual measurements (preferably with a Rampage top) from their Bronco (mine is a 77 if it matters...) Also should note, it will never see a hardtop

Thanks..

Last edited:

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The guy at Jeff's should be pretty correct. There are minor variations I'm sure, but not by much. Should be easy enough to leave some leeway.
So do you have electric wipers, vacuum wipers, or none? Are you going to run the cage right up to the frame? If so you lose your wipers. If you leave it a few inches back, you can keep it up high.

I measured my Kayline top (precursor to the STC, then the Rampage) and in the middle (highest spot) it is approx. 43.5" from floor to middle bow, just behind the seats.

At the windshield frame, roughly 2" back from the edge to leave room for vacuum or individual low-profile electric wipers, it's about 2" above the frame (consistent with the height of the riser of course).
Moving back a few inches to leave room for factory electric wipers with linkage, you get at the most 3" or so.

I didn't use levels and straight edges, so use those numbers as approximate and leave some breathing room.
Hope that gives you what you need.

Paul