• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

roll cage height question

yakelys69

I don't have a hard top and am in the process of putting my cage in. Can anyone give me the max height the cage can be for a top to still fit?

Bronco717274

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tremont, Ms.
I think about 2 in. above your windshield frame would be about Right. If you need me to I can go out and measure mine for you.

OP
OP
yakelys69

yakelys69

not currently but i will put them on if it helps me measure. It looks like im about 2.5" above my windshield frame so if you can measure that would be appreciated.

Thanks for the replies

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
I measured from the floor to the top of the windshield frame, 44 1/2".
The highest part of the front of my cage, from the floor is 46"
Just make sure you have doors on, so you can get the correct width of the top of the cage, so your door window frames don't hit the cage. But that also depends on how your cage is designed. My front cage goes from the floor to the B pillar, with a spreader across the windshield.

Attachments

• IMG_1483.JPG
    IMG_1483.JPG
    126.1 KB · Views: 51
OP
OP
yakelys69

yakelys69

I also measure 44 1/2" from the floor to the top of the windshield frame, but the highest part of the front of my cage, from the floor is 46 1/2". I got my cage as a kit from All 4 fun with the feet already welded on. Can anyone confirm if the top should still fit with 46 1/2"

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
I also measure 44 1/2" from the floor to the top of the windshield frame, but the highest part of the front of my cage, from the floor is 46 1/2". I got my cage as a kit from All 4 fun with the feet already welded on. Can anyone confirm if the top should still fit with 46 1/2"

It should still clear. I see on mine where I could go a 1/2" higher. What configuration is the front part of your cage?

OP
OP
yakelys69

yakelys69

looks to be the same as yours floor to the B pillar, with a spreader across the windshield.

Thanks for checking it out for me.