• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Roll cages - seatbelt mounting?

jeffncs

Contributor
Loc.
Raleigh, NC
After re-educating myself, drilling through the cage and mounting a bolt is a strong “NO GO”.

With that behind us, do you prefer:
Full width threaded bungs (welded on front and rear sides of the cage tube? (Bolt threads into the bung)

OR

Short threaded bungs that weld to the front side of the cage tube? (Bolt threads into the bung)

OR

Unthreaded tube through the cage tube welded at the front and rear of the tube? (Bolt goes through this tube and uses a nut to secure it)

OR

Weld tabs to the strategic locations on the cage and mount seatbelts using grade 8s.

Cage is a 6-point, 2” od, family style that will tie into the frame at 4 locations, possibly 6 depending on access to the frame in the front. Seats will mount to the floor, which is why I’m tying the cage to the frame so its all tied together for safety.

Last edited:

doran4x

Contributor
How are your seats mounted? Are they mounted to cage or the floor pan?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk