• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rolled the Bronco after hitting black ice! Need a few ideas...

howiebilt

Bronco Buddah
Loc.
Newton
I think she's too far gone !!!

for $50 I will come drag it away and dispose of it ;D

howiebilt

68 Broncoholic

Bronco Guru
Loc.
WA
Looks like the windshield didn't get touched, nice! It must have been the evasive manouvering just before she went over. Good save!

Dan76

I fell asleep at the wheel for a second a few months ago. Luckily I only tookout a mailbox. Getting up at 3:30 everyday and trying to stayout late to get things done dont mix! Really scary when you think how much worse it could have been. Glad to hear you are ok, sorry to hear about the bronco.

FerrumCampitor

Loc.
Hutchinson, MN
Glad to hear you're OK. Sounds like you got out lucky. I think maybe I'll learn from your mistake and get some three point belts when I get mine back on the road! I imagine more than your knees would hurt after that if you only had lap belts.

Tuck

Man, when it rains it pours...divorce, flipped my atv on top of me and now the Bronco! I keep walking away with little damage to me and the vehicles....:p

Wait a minute...you got through a divorce with little damage??? You must have a good lawyer.

Good luck with the EB. You'll probably drive yours before I do, & mine's not wrecked.

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
Glad your ok ....
I'll take that pretty front bumper if you'll pay the shipping...........
Man we bought one about 2 weeks ago that looks a lot like your wreck I didn't see all the broke and damaged pieces you listed ..I hope we don't have as many issues ...

OP
OP
M

Mikey

Bronco Guru
Looks like the windshield didn't get touched, nice! It must have been the evasive manouvering just before she went over. Good save!

Well, actually, the one-year-old windshield is shattered in the upper right...the frame is cocked over so there is a gap between the glass and the frame...top and bottom. The windshield is the only glass that broke...I crawled out the lift gate, straddling the side window so I wouldn't break it. Amazing what you think of in a situation like that! :-[

I'm still crabby about the whole thing. Oh well...I'll get over it! :p

OP
OP
M

Mikey

Bronco Guru
Wait a minute...you got through a divorce with little damage??? You must have a good lawyer.

Good luck with the EB. You'll probably drive yours before I do, & mine's not wrecked.

I was actually wondering if anyone would catch that joke.....Kommifornia is a community property state so bye bye to 14 years of retirement IRA money (actually, half of 14 years), half of the house I already paid for, etc. I stupidly prided myself that my wife didn't have to work. Paying for that now! So far, no lawyers....one thing we both agree on...hate 'em! ;D Of course, final papers ain't signed yet! Sooo...wish me luck! :p Ahhh...no, divorce wasn't my idea....really don't belive in it! But, her cheat'n convinced me! :mad:

Ya know, I just thought about it....every car I have was totalled! Ha! One by the ex. This one could be called my fault. The other two were someone slamming into me. Two were ice. One by rain....those were mine.

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Here are the other pics. I cant believe they cheat and still get half, that sucks.
Where were you at in the Hatch when you rolled? Its been a while since I was there but I remember some areas were bad. We lived in Bear Valley and that long climb/decent was rough in the ice!!!

Attachments

• Roll Over 008 Small.JPG
    Roll Over 008 Small.JPG
    35.9 KB · Views: 45
  • Roll Over 013 small.JPG
    Roll Over 013 small.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 51

76MaBronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Massachusetts
Give her cheatin' arss the one she wrecked and call it even...

Sorry to hear what you're going through...Mass is the same way, "I WANT HALF EDDIE!!!!" (anyone remember that quote?)

Sucks, but you'll get through it...it's only money...

OP
OP
M

Mikey

Bronco Guru
Ah yes. Highline road has some real interesting spots, especially in the ice.

Yeah, the roads all looked fine, just a very light dusting of snow. I even had walked out to the road by me and tested the road with my boots.

Had I known....much slower and Hwy 202. Would have had no problems then. Oh well.....sighhhh!

OP
OP
M

Mikey

Bronco Guru
Give her cheatin' arss the one she wrecked and call it even...

Sorry to hear what you're going through...Mass is the same way, "I WANT HALF EDDIE!!!!" (anyone remember that quote?)

Sucks, but you'll get through it...it's only money...

You are right! She's moved out 6 months ago and it's all been nice and quiet....just wish she'd sign the paperwork. :p

The one she wrecked has been brought back to better than when she wrecked it. It's funny 'cause it started giving her all kinds of trouble so I took it over as my secondary car to my Capri...it's the 89 GT. With me driving it, I spent a year working all the bugs out of it...just minor PITA stuff. When she drove it, 5th gear shed some teeth so I bought a brand new 93-spec'd T5 and a Hurst billet shifter for it. Also put in all the suspension stuff in it.

kbldawg

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marshall, AR
I hate to see anybody have to go through a wreck like this.

Very glad you are safe and sound though!

Looking at the pics, I really don't see how it could NOT be a complete total, especially since the frame is jacked. If it were just the frame, hood, grill and maybe front fenders...I could see how you might get the insurance to go along on a rebuild, but you've got damage everywhere.

OP
OP
M

Mikey

Bronco Guru
I hate to see anybody have to go through a wreck like this.

Very glad you are safe and sound though!

Looking at the pics, I really don't see how it could NOT be a complete total, especially since the frame is jacked. If it were just the frame, hood, grill and maybe front fenders...I could see how you might get the insurance to go along on a rebuild, but you've got damage everywhere.

Ahhh...moved from Ft. Smith to Kommiefornia...sure do miss Arkansas! :cry:

Yeah, it's totalled but I'm determined to figure out a way to fix er back up! Check out my newer posts for details.....:cool: