• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rollin in my 5.0

MyOriginal66

Bronco Guru
Took the first step for a 5.0 EFI and AOD. Bought a '90 mustang gt conv for $700.00! Runs and drives great, a little ruff around the edges with a slight oil leak (I think from the pan). Even has shorty headers! Drove it home 20 miles no prob. Gonna strip it down including fuel lines and tank.
Wish me luck!

Heus33

Bronco Guru
Awesome - not as cool as Rollin in my 5.8 though! ;)

|
|
|
V

barronj

Bronco Guru
That's a steal! You can still turn around & sell the roller to anyone building a factory five cobra. They need the body wiring, drive train, and most importantly, the title/vin #'s.

You can still probably get $300 or $400 for the roller! SWEET!

Headers won't fit for you unless you're up for the work on the passenger side where it dumps in to the frame.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Your shorty headers could be factory. They switched from cast iron to tubular. They are still not that great.

Dave

Contributor
Bronco Guru
If the headers are tubular, they are pretty easy to cut and paste. This is different application where I cut a piece out of cat pipe to make a wedge to point the collector down for a cross over. I cut the collector with a cutoff wheel in a die grinder. Took less than 20 minutes. They mig weld beautifully.

Attachments

• Bronco 114 (Large).jpg
    Bronco 114 (Large).jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 34