• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Ron Davis Fan Shroud Installation

Jeff10

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Indianapolis
Hey Everyone,

(FWIW... I have searched the forum and read the instructions that came with the aluminum fan shroud. Now I'm hoping for a little hands-on knowledge.)

I just bought a full circle fan shroud for my '71 Bronco. The Bronco has a 2" body lift and a 3-1/2" suspension lift. So... I bought the fan shroud intended for the 2" body lift.

There are no instructions for the installation of the shroud. It may be completely obvious once I get started; but, I was hoping to be prepared. Other than the obvious, is there anything that I should be prepare for? Should I be able to install the shroud with the radiator installed and full of fluid?

Also, being that there is no shroud presently installed, can anyone point me in the right direction regarding fasteners that I should have on hand?

Thanks for your help.

Jeff

DonaldDouchebag

Bronco Guru
When I did it I just yanked the radiator, hung the new shroud over the fan blade, reinstalled the radiator and then bolted up the shroud.

Yanking the radiator is very easy on EBs and it gives you a good excuse to flush the radiator and inspect the hoses while it's out.

I drilled out the tiny shround mounting holes in the radiator so i could run some larger bolts through them with lock nuts on the back side. It really sucks to have your rinky dink original hardware loosen or break and let your shroud fall onto the spinning fan blade.

BroncoinAlaska

Loc.
San Antonio, TX
Installed my RD radiator shroud with the radiator installed and full. Just remove the fan and slip the shroud and fan back in. As for the bolts. I grabed a few different sized bolts from the hardware store and make sure to get the nylon locking nuts.

chriswitt

Mine was empty. I installed the Radiator first then the shroud. I slippled the shroud in without much effort. *** i covered the radiator with some nice cardboard and duct tape to avoid creasing up the cooling fins while doing the install. Leave the cardboard on till EVERYTHING is hooked up. I bought 4 stainless 1/4 x 1/2" Stainless with Nylock cuts.... worked fine.