• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Ron Davis Rad. Install

Broncology

Is there anything I will have to modify when I install my Ron Davis Alum. radiator. I searched this topic, but couldnt seem to come up with anything on installation. Will it drop right in?

Chuck

jr

Loc.
Mililani, Hawaii
You might have to use the 4 core brackets to install. 3 core will work but you will have to trim about 3/4" - 1" off the end that hangs down on the engine side. Also don't use urethane mounts because they are too hard on aluminum. Do check for current flowing through as this will cause electrolysis. Voltage of 0 - .3 is normal. If higher turn on/off each accessory till you find the problem. Only use aluminum, steel, or stainless steel fittings. Brass will promote electrolysis.

md_lucky_13

Loc.
Idaho
coachbarnes said:
without sounding like too much of a D.A., what is the tank on the left side of the radiator??

Over-flow tank for the coolant.

Many people do not run these.. Bad for two reasons:

1: It can dump coolant when out on the trails (lets not give them any more reasons to close them...)

2: It can lead to over-heating. The radiator will actually draw some of the coolant back into it.. Always have an over-flow tank of some kind installed. Jaz makes some pretty cheap and easy ones for under $25.