• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

ron davis rad to close for comfort p side of frame

mcsparks

Loc.
chicago
ron davis 5.0 con rad i have one inch body. i did re work core support to stock specs am i off or is this how it is ????

Attachments

• pics 3 124.jpg
    pics 3 124.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 61
  • pics 3 125.jpg
    pics 3 125.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 64
  • pics 3 123.jpg
    pics 3 123.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 69
  • pics 3 122.jpg
    pics 3 122.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 63
  • pics 3 121.jpg
    pics 3 121.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 58

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hmm. Some of the pics don't look too bad, but images 3 and 4 really tell the tale.
Although it might never be a problem, I wouldn't like the looks of that either.

I don't have an answer for you either, but can check tomorrow at work to see if it's something anyone has run across before. It could be something with the radiator of course, but with these rigs it could also be a slight variation in how your mounts were put on at the factory, or the body being just slightly shifted on the frame, or some other tweakage from old age and hard use.
But we can't rule out a bum radiator or something like that yet either.

Not sure what can be done at this point, but I'll sure put it out there first thing in the morning.

Sorry about the delay in your progress. Looking good. Looks like an Explorer serp setup. New engine too?

Paul

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Funny, but I would have said that, by images 1 and 2, you wouldn't need to worry about it. Just looks close, but not anything that it can't handle. But the others are so much tighter looking.
Were you shifting it around to try to see if you could create more room? Or is it just the camera angles?

Thanks

Paul

OP
OP
M

mcsparks

Loc.
chicago
trying to not much play... but its a lil close. had all mustang but then got a explorer off a friend... much better. about too yank body off for the last time for now the time too fix like too get it runing long time coming

SHX669

Bronco Guru
Wonder if they sent you the wrong Ron Davis. Mine clears the frame by an inch on each side - but it also is narrower at the bottom than the top and sides.
SHX