• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Roof Rack Questions

fasteddie

Loc.
Colorado Springs
Has anyone put a Roof Rack on a EB. I would like to have a little more room in my interior and I am not sure if I want to put a external spare tire carrier. I would like to put a roof rack on my Bronco if I did not have to drill holes anywhere. Does anyone know a company who makes one of these. Thanks for viewing, J. E. Doughty-Colorado Springs CO

66BroncoWA

I have a roof rack that I think was dealer installed when the bronco was sold. It was installed by drilling holes.

Dawg_enD

Yep.

Surco makes one, If you want something a bit more modern then Yakima and Thule are making some nice ones now, too.

They attach by way of a rain gutter mount, like a ski rack. I'd consider going with 3 /side, maybe 4 depending on the size of your rack.

Keep in mind that the weight limit is what your rain gutters can hold. Take a good look at the rust, or lack of, in that area before you think about lading it up heavy.

There are other Surco style racks out there, I just can't think of the names atm.

Some of the vendors may be able to help you out, also. They may not "carry" a rack, but they might know where to get them or have some insight.

-Mike

ROKDWLR

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stockton, Ca.
CB member EDGE4 has one of the coolest racks. It's a Conferr.

Attachments

• johnedgecomb2.jpg
    johnedgecomb2.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 117