• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Roof rack

banana

Loc.
Park city, UT
Back in feb I purchased my first early bronco and have come to notice mine has a roof rack (looks factory) I also noticed most others do not which got me wondering. wAS a roof rack a factory option or if this most likely is aftermarket? All I know is it was orginally a ranger model.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
As far as I know no early bronco came from the factory with a roof rack...They were dealer or po installed....or flipper;)

turbotim2

I could be wrong as I often am, but I thought there was a stock roof rack option.

broncobilly72

Back in1976 I bought my 72 Sport and it had a roof rack on it that looked the same as I have seen on some Ford station wagons. Post a pic...yours may be the same one.

stlo

Bronco Guru
Loc.
tulsa
My 70 has one as well.....not much of one but it wud hold stuff down if u needed to

JimAndA72

Loc.
Beaverton, Oregon
Mine came with one. Not sure if it was a factory option or a dealer add-on.. And it's functional! lol

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 154
  • DustinsTree2.jpg
    DustinsTree2.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 185

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Mine has one of the '68 Ford station wagons on it(I put it on in '85).....I did say(As far as I know no)..I never knew of it to be an opt. from factory.....,but I don't know for sure...Maybe some one that do will chime in....Naz or Donk,viper...etc

Stroppe-Envy-77

Bronco Guru
Mine has one that, from what I understand, was a dealer option.

The man who owned my Bronco before me had an affininty for them, as I have a picture of him in a magazine with four of his Broncos at one time, ALL with the same roof rack. (He was quite into finding and stockpiling parts.)

They seem to be not only similar to the ones on Ford station wagons, but there was also a shorter version fitted to trunk lids on some Galaxie convertibles back in the '60s.

Bronco Junkie

So Cal Broncos
Several original Bronco ads and brochures show Broncos with roof racks. Not sure exactly what that means.

FRKNSTYN

Loc.
Williamsburg
I have the same kind of roof rack as JIMANDA72 does.
Love the way it looks.
I need to find out who made it ..have to replace a cross bar (rust)

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
I've read alot of different yrs (66-77) opt.'s on these Broncos and have never read where a RR was an opt. from the factory...,but not saying that it could not have happened..