• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Round Up question

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
I am planning on going to the Bronco Round Up in June. It is my first time going and I want to know do most of you stay in Wincester in a hotel? What hotels are good? How long does it take to get from wincester to the sight. Is there a sign up or registry fee? I am already a member of MEB.I know the event is big so I want to get a room soon.
Also do most people show up on Thursday night or Friday? I dont think I am going to be able to get there until Friday. I know it is a long ways off but if I dont plan now I will never make it and I want to meet some other bronco Freaks like me face to face!:)

got-broncos

Bronco Guru
I think most people camp there. That way you can drink beer with everybody.

JohnJohn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Richmond
Many prople get there Thursday night and stay until Sunday afternoon. The camp ground is great for tents or pop up campers. They have a few ponds/lakes, bathrooms, and showers.

It is a bit of a drive to leave the camp ground and get anything like food, hotel, or gas.

There is a sign up fee. I think it was $25 or $30 per person and it changes if you want the dinner meals.

OP
OP
ep67bro

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
That would be cool. But I dont have any camping gear and the wife and I like hot showers!;)

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
I am planning on going to the Bronco Round Up in June. It is my first time going and I want to know do most of you stay in Wincester in a hotel? What hotels are good? How long does it take to get from wincester to the sight. Is there a sign up or registry fee? I am already a member of MEB.I know the event is big so I want to get a room soon.
Also do most people show up on Thursday night or Friday? I dont think I am going to be able to get there until Friday. I know it is a long ways off but if I dont plan now I will never make it and I want to meet some other bronco Freaks like me face to face!:)

As Terry said most people camp at The Cove, but many people do stay in Winchester in a hotel. It's about a 20 minute drive from the camp to a hotel. There is an event fee and on-line registration will be open soon. (We'll announce this in a new thread shortly.) There is also a separate camping fee that The Cove collects, but still cheaper than a hotel.

Most people show up on Thursday evenig. On site registration opens at 5:00 on Thursday night and includes trail sign up for Friday and Saturday. We'll also have an easy night ride on Thursday. If you can only get there on Friday you need to come early to sign up for trails and get in the group photo. We start lining up around 8:00 am and hit the trails around 9:00. If you miss that it's a little tough to meet up with a trail group later in the day. So I would rcommend getting there on Thursday night before 9:00 pm if possible.

That would be cool. But I dont have any camping gear and the wife and I like hot showers!;)

I like hot showers, too! ;D

Gary

MEB Round Up Chairman

TM Toys

Loc.
Barboursville , VA
They have hot showers on site too, my wife used them last yr w/o complaining .:eek: . I like hanging out w/ everyone after the event/s ,it's a lot of fun. Saturday's event last til late in the night too. So leaving would be a PITA ,for me.. lol

Gary tried to PM you , your box is full , will try again later today .

I can't wait .
Tony!!

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
They have hot showers on site too, my wife used them last yr w/o complaining .:eek: . I like hanging out w/ everyone after the event/s ,it's a lot of fun. Saturday's event last til late in the night too. So leaving would be a PITA ,for me.. lol

Gary tried to PM you , your box is full , will try again later today .

I can't wait .
Tony!!

Tony, thanks. Didn't notice my box was full.

OP
OP
ep67bro

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
Thanks for the info guys keep it coming. The sooner the better on the sign up sheet and fees. The way things are with money I have plan way ahead! I may borrow a tent and give the camping a try.

chris

No more Rock Crawler
Nice place to camp. Wife was ok with it last year. The water was hot.

Lot of nice views from different camp sites. Mine is in the upper left corner of the attached picture. Roght next to the lake and just below the event. Did get a little noisy but tired enough to fall right asleep.

Attachments

• DSC02453 (Small).JPG
    DSC02453 (Small).JPG
    108.2 KB · Views: 30

Fitz24

Contributor
Bronco Guru
EDIt: Sorry guys, not the place for this question.

Chris, sent you a IM.

Chris, is that your Bronco in the picture? If so, what kind and size of tires are on it? I'm trying to decide what I want to get for mine as I get closer to finishing my build.

OP
OP
ep67bro

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
Chris I guess you are going again this year? Are you bringing your kids? I thought about bringing my youngest but I think my wife and I will try it by ourselfs first. Does the Cove campground have a web site or phone number so I can get more info? Is the event itself right at the Cove or just close by?

chris

No more Rock Crawler
Chris I guess you are going again this year? Are you bringing your kids? I thought about bringing my youngest but I think my wife and I will try it by ourselfs first. Does the Cove campground have a web site or phone number so I can get more info? Is the event itself right at the Cove or just close by?

I am going again this year. The kids will still be in school so they will not be coming, they are not happy about this.

The event is right there at the Cove Campground. All the offroading will be onsite. You might want to wait a little longer before calling as MEB (Mid-Atlantic Early Broncos) negotiates a little better pricing on the camping fee's. There will be a sign up form on the MEB web site in the next week or so with even more info.

Here's the campsite info:

http://www.covecampground.com/index.html
980 Cove Road
Gore , Virginia 22637
Phone: 540-858-2882
E-Mail: Cove@hughes.net

Pearlcoat

Bronco Guru

The RU takes place on the grounds at Cove Campground. The event registration and fees, including meals, is handled by MEB. The online registration will be open soon with options to register for trail rides or show-n-shine only, and also to buy extra meals and shirts. If you are not camping (staying in a hotel) you don't need to contact Cove in advance. Just stop at their office on the way in and pay the campground entry fee (this is not MEB's fee, its for the use of the property and they collect it). All activities, including the trail rides, competitions and meals are held at the campground. There will be a huge tent for meals and registration, you can't miss it when you come into the campground. If you want to contact Cove they do have a website.

If you need a hotel, I recommend the Holiday Inn Express in Winchester, VA. I stayed there last year, its very nice, clean and has complimentary breakfast. I can provide other hotel info if needed.

Please continue to ask your questions or PM me or Scoop for additional detail, and as soon as online registration is open we'll announce it here.

Thanks for making plans to come to the RU, I look forward to seeing you. you'll be happy you did.

Judy
President, MEB

OP
OP
ep67bro

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
Chris and Judy Thanks for all the info. I will wait to make reservations until I see the info from MEB.

allenfahey

Bronco Guru
Nice place to camp. Wife was ok with it last year. The water was hot.

Lot of nice views from different camp sites. Mine is in the upper left corner of the attached picture. Roght next to the lake and just below the event. Did get a little noisy but tired enough to fall right asleep.

The showers are pretty good for campground showers. It is a long drive to Winchester, especially if you want to hang around the campfire drinking your favorite beverage.

Who was noisy? When Drew and I took his gas tank out of Iron Bear (12am)we thought we were quiet. My idea was to drop a chain in the tank to get the loose rust out but thankfully it was pretty clean:)

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
looking forward to my first one...should be a good time

kimba5977

Loc.
Ohioville, PA
Last year was our first time @ the RU and we had a wonderful time. Since we have street rigs and we drive them there, we didn't do any trail riding (no need to tempt fate & break something and have to tow it home) but we did sign up for the show & shine and the street cruise (which was awesome-thanks Judy and Dan). The food was really great and plenty of it. We bought a somewhat inexpensive tent @ WalMart so we could camp @ The Cove. The showers were your typical campground showers, but there was PLENTY of hot water. Since there's a WalMart on the way into Winchester, we went there and grabbed some stuff to eat for breakfast and lunch. Believe me when I say that you really do forget about eating when you're there! I'm so excited about going to the RU again this year.

chris

No more Rock Crawler
looking forward to my first one...should be a good time

Tasker, good to see you NE guys coming down this year. Be nice to put faces to names.

Might have to make up CB name tags with our Screen name and real name. Of course mine is easy.