• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rust pits

Scot

After sand blasting my tailgate I have pits. What should I do to smooth them a bit?

Attachments

• Bronco%2015.JPG
    Bronco%2015.JPG
    3.8 KB · Views: 125

bknbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
North Metro, MN
they have stuff similar to bondo that fills small holes easly. Spot putty or glazing putty its called maybe. I have used it in small dings. Put it on sand it off. Primer and paint may fill them pits but im not exactly sure.

allenfahey

Bronco Guru
Sand with 80 grit, feather the edges. Use body filler after making sure there is absolutely no more rust. Finish filler with 180 and primer. Never use primer to try to fill any holes or 80 grit scratches, it will show up sooner or later after you paint it.

Casey835

I filled some bad pits in my bed and along the rear cross brace under tailgate with weld. Whats left will get some glazing putty or that poly bdy filler.