• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Saddelup Custom Traction Bar

jmaples

Loc.
SEATTLE,
I contacted Saddleup and he is willing to make some of his traction bars if anyone is interested. His would go for $200.00. Is anyone interested? He wants at least 3 people.
Jmaples

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Here are some pics. The first one is the one I made a few months ago for another member. Then a couple of it under mine and few on the ramp at SOB X showing that it still flexes just as well as before.

To do this I would like to get between 3 and 5 people. Any less and I loose all the profit in the labor to do them. I also need to finish up the current project I'm working on and get it rolling so it would be about 3 weeks before I could build them.

Rick

Attachments

• TractionBar03.jpg
    TractionBar03.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 313
  • SaddleUp143.jpg
    SaddleUp143.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 364
  • SaddleUp146.jpg
    SaddleUp146.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 313
  • Ramp30.jpg
    Ramp30.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 185
  • Ramp32.jpg
    Ramp32.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 110
  • Ramp34.jpg
    Ramp34.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 249

Past_Miner

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'd be in if it will fit with my ZF/doubler set-up. I have atrocious axle wrap problems. My rear driveline is about half as long as yours though. Where does the cross member connect to the frame at? If I know that location I will be able to tell if I can use one.

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Past_Miner said:
I'd be in if it will fit with my ZF/doubler set-up. I have atrocious axle wrap problems. My rear driveline is about half as long as yours though. Where does the cross member connect to the frame at? If I know that location I will be able to tell if I can use one.
Not sure if you realize it or not but I have a C6/203/205 in mine. Your ZF setup can't be much longer than it is I don't think. Doesn't really matter though. I can vary the length of the top bar to get the crossmember wherever it needs to be.

Past_Miner

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I did know you had that set-up. I took a closer look at the picture and your driveline looks just like mine. Maybe it just looks longer with that sweet bar next to it. I'm in. Paypal?

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Just need one more now. Paypal works best for me. Need to hold off on shipping though so I can get an exact amount once they are made. (I think it was around $25 for the other one) Might be able to get Jason's to him without shipping. I know Nate comes down this way every once in awhile (I patched his soft top up for him a couple of weeks ago) and we can probably get him to take it back that way unless I find a good excuse to drive up there myself.

BTW, I'll need a measurement from the rearend to the point where the crossmember will go and then I also need to know if it's the banjo housing (most common) or the tapered housing (76/77 style).

Past_Miner

Contributor
Bronco Guru
SaddleUp, I have a full width tapered housing on the garage floor. Make mine for that one. Shipping will be to West Valley City, UT 84128. Thanks.

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
For shipping.

JMaples, $20
Past_Miner, $25
bigmuddy, $30
z70what, $35

For Paypal use the email address on the first page of my website.

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Frankenhorse said:
How about one more? Yeah put me down. Just post up what needs to happen on this my end.

Shipping is to 37167
$35 shipping. Just need to send Payment to me through Paypal at the email address on the first page of my web site. (Or send me an email for other options) Then I need a measurement from the rearend to the point where the cross member will go (Be sure the driveline will clear) and I need to know which rearend housing is used. (Early style or tapered 76/77 style)

RedLeg0811

Loc.
Maltby, WA
OK I feel lame here, but I would like one, but I am about 4 months out as I have other priorities. Saddleup do you think you will make a batch of these again?

Thanks
Martin

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
RedLeg0811 said:
OK I feel lame here, but I would like one, but I am about 4 months out as I have other priorities. Saddleup do you think you will make a batch of these again?

Thanks
Martin
Possibly. We'll see how it goes this time with making a few at a time. If I'm able to cut a bunch of time off the labor this way (I should be able to) then I may be up to making more later as long as I can get a few people at a time.

Rick

BigFord74

Loc.
Nixa,Mo
I'm in the same boat. ATM i can't afford to buy anything do to both kids bday's and Xmas all in the nxt 2 months. And we was skimp on Xmas last yr do to buying a house 1week before Xmas. My wife's '77 def. needs it, but till we figure out which way we are goin.