• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Saddelup Custom Traction Bar

Frankenhorse

Loc.
Smyrna,TN
SaddleUp said:
$35 shipping. Just need to send Payment to me through Paypal at the email address on the first page of my web site. (Or send me an email for other options) Then I need a measurement from the rearend to the point where the cross member will go (Be sure the driveline will clear) and I need to know which rearend housing is used. (Early style or tapered 76/77 style)

Shoot! now I have to do some thinking here.:p It should end up about the same as yours give or take a couple inches. I am doing a ZF x STaK or Atlas so sence I don't have the T-Case yet I"ll have to figure it out blind (Well sort of). I do have a Currie rear though.

JeepGuy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Ok, could you make one for jeep with a GM 12 bolt in the rear if I got you all the measurements?

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Frankenhorse said:
Shoot! now I have to do some thinking here.:p It should end up about the same as yours give or take a couple inches. I am doing a ZF x STaK or Atlas so sence I don't have the T-Case yet I"ll have to figure it out blind (Well sort of). I do have a Currie rear though.
If you can figure the drivetrain length then I think we can get pretty close. (Which is all that is needed since the shackle allows some flexibility) One of the others is having me make it a couple inches long and leave the end off and they are going to cut it to length and then weld it.

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
JeepGuy said:
Ok, could you make one for jeep with a GM 12 bolt in the rear if I got you all the measurements?
It would need to be finished after delivery. Basically the lower shackle end would need to be welded onto the crossmember still and then the axle plates would need to be cut to fit the axle housing. I would also send it with two plates that are the same for the housing instead of the setup for the 9".

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
scsm76 said:
Rick, it sounds like you need to add these to your website too!
I planned to do so when I set my site up for the covers. (Which is why I grabbed the broncospecialties.com domain as well as broncocovers.com) I still might do so but I'm not sure if I want to commit to doing them on a regular basis yet. (I don't want to get so many things on my plate that I can't keep control over them)

RedLeg0811

Loc.
Maltby, WA
SaddleUp said:
I planned to do so when I set my site up for the covers. (Which is why I grabbed the broncospecialties.com domain as well as broncocovers.com) I still might do so but I'm not sure if I want to commit to doing them on a regular basis yet. (I don't want to get so many things on my plate that I can't keep control over them)

Well if you don't no worries as I can fab one up myself between my plasma cutter and miller 251.

Cheers
Martin