• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Safe Stereo Amp Mounting Spot?

Banjer Picker

Bronco Guru
For the guys that spend a lot of time on the trail, where are you mounting your stereo amp to minimize exposure to water and heat?

Under the passenger seat seems like it would get fried the first time it rains on the trail or when you wash the 10 pounds of sand out after an event.

Under the dash seems too exposed to engine heat.

Would love any feedback or pictures.

Thank you,

Brandon

Vin218

Loc.
Manchester, NH
Do you have a rear seat, if so maybe on the bottom of that? My plan is to mount mine on the inside of some rear quarter panels

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have mine under the passenger front seat. I have spacers under it to where any water that gets in the floor would go under it and out a small drain hole.

stlo

Bronco Guru
Loc.
tulsa
Put it where the rear view mirror goes...tell everybody it's a new totally essential part of a highly developed race radio system....you will be all the buzz at OCBR...lol....look forward to seeing u guys again this year OCBR

landshark99

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Montrose, Colorado
I mounted my amps in my center console in two of my broncos. There are some really nice all amps out there that pack a punch - both of these amps are driving the four main speakers.. not for a sub. I would think you could make a little holder for a sub amp under the back seat to keep it off the floor and away from the sides/weather if its stockish.

One of my broncos I wash out with a hose a few times a year and I have never had an issue with water getting into the center console. Heat hasn't been a issue either but you can always open the console for a bit to let it air out :)

OP
OP
Banjer Picker

Banjer Picker

Bronco Guru
Thanks

Thank you for the feedback guys. No back seat so that's no option. Corbeau Baja seats up front so it's difficult to bottom of that. Not runnin a console right now either but that sounds like a good option.

May try JWs route.

Thanks again gang!

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thank you for the feedback guys. No back seat so that's no option. Corbeau Baja seats up front so it's difficult to bottom of that. Not runnin a console right now either but that sounds like a good option.

May try JWs route.

Thanks again gang!

I should add that the one I have came from the Crawl Tunes guys that are on this site. I think it's meant to survive the offroad elements. Hang on a short few weeks and you see it see it in person...I'll even furnish you a Yuengling while you look.

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
I've put a small amp in a zip lock bag, and tucked it in the dash. Never had any issues with it. Simplest way to go with the small compact amps they have today.