• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Saguaro Lake Run 7/17/2010.....Updated with Pictures

yjzonie

Loc.
Scottsdale, AZ
I have been requested to post this run on this board for those that would brave the elements on the 17th of July. I am leading a run to Saguaro Lake, cove 4 via the Four Peaks Road for the Arizona Classic Bronco Club. Non-member are invited... We will be meeting at 8am @ the Four Peaks Rd turn off, for about a two hour run to the lake. Enjoy the water,friends and a possible cookout. A night run is also going to take place for the individuals that would like to stay the night and camp out next to the lake. If your are interested, please post up or PM me for more details...

Beware it is going to be HOT, no doubt about it, but the site I have choosen has plenty of shade and on the waters edge. Room for 12 plus tent spots. The wheelin will be 2.5 - 3 , but bypasses are everywhere. Hope to get a good group together.

Last edited:

AZbronco77

Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
I would love to go on that, but its going to be a few weeks before my Bronco will be ready to wheel. I've been saying that for a year, but this time it's true! :) Please continue to post any trips you guys do!

-john

Dan74Bronc

Loc.
Chandler, Az
Dang! That's a Saturday, I work Saturdays. Maybe I can show up Sat night. Or maybe I won't be feeling to well and have to call in sick.

OP
OP
yjzonie

yjzonie

Loc.
Scottsdale, AZ
Dan, you can come out Sat night. Myself and Kurt will be staying the night and a few others might be too...Keep us posted as to what you might do.....

OP
OP
yjzonie

yjzonie

Loc.
Scottsdale, AZ
why all the ?'s Steve, are you coming out to join us? It's in the south part of the Roll's OHV area, but the camping and wheeling will be right at the lake, at cove 4. If you where to look ay the topo map, find the Rolls OHV and go south to the lake, there are 5 larger cove areas. Cove 1 is usually packed with partiers, same as Cove 2. Cove 3 dosen't offer the shade, so Cove 4 was picked. Overnight camping is fine, it's in the Tonto National Forest area. If you plan on bringing a camper or trailer it will have to be left up in the Rolls OHV upper area as the terrain get pretty rough down by the lake.

There are three entrances: #1 The Butcher Jones beach area parking lot, #2 the Rolls OHV parking area and #3 the Four Peaks Rd exit. Most people go in the first two areas, but I wanted it to be a bit more scenic and challenging, so I opted for #3.

Thanks so far to those that have posted up. The count right now is a possible 6 or 7. Remember if you are cooking out to bring a BBQ grill or what ever. I will be bring my small portable grill and two burner. As of now, fires have to be contained , but as the heat continues, they may be ban from the area.

I hope I was able to clear up some of the questions

Broncobowsher

Total hack
We did this trip about 4 years ago on Fathers day. I took the boat out in the morning, hook up with the group that spent the night and took people on boat rides around the lake. Great time.

Would love to do it again but the boat is getting major overhaul this year. By next year it may be ready to go out again (for it's 50th birthday).

OP
OP
yjzonie

yjzonie

Loc.
Scottsdale, AZ
We did this trip about 4 years ago on Fathers day. I took the boat out in the morning, hook up with the group that spent the night and took people on boat rides around the lake. Great time.

Would love to do it again but the boat is getting major overhaul this year. By next year it may be ready to go out again (for it's 50th birthday).

OK stop the teasing Tim...A boat would have been very cool...

Steve83

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Memphis, TN, USA, Earth, Milky Way
why all the ?'s Steve, are you coming out to join us?
You never know... ;)

Actually, I'm compiling a list of everywhere to wheel in the country, and if you're going somewhere I don't know about yet, I wanna know. :p My list so far is available here as collections of Google Earth placemarks divided by FSB chapters, but the next time I upload them, they'll be divided by state.

OP
OP
yjzonie

yjzonie

Loc.
Scottsdale, AZ
You never know... ;)

Actually, I'm compiling a list of everywhere to wheel in the country, and if you're going somewhere I don't know about yet, I wanna know. :p My list so far is available here as collections of Google Earth placemarks divided by FSB chapters, but the next time I upload them, they'll be divided by state.

Very cool Steve, just was wondering, because TN is a long way from AZ...;)

Steve83

Bronco Guru
Loc.
The first place I ever wheeled was in the Huachuca range in my '83. ;D I lost a fender in Blacktail Cyn, and almost lost the truck going over a tank on the Mexico side in Sunrise Cyn. :-[ That was just before Desert Storm, so '91-92, right?

OP
OP
yjzonie

yjzonie

Loc.
Scottsdale, AZ
The first place I ever wheeled was in the Huachuca range in my '83. ;D I lost a fender in Blacktail Cyn, and almost lost the truck going over a tank on the Mexico side in Sunrise Cyn. :-[ That was just before Desert Storm, so '91-92, right?

Desert Storm ended in Jan 91, I was there in the northern mountains.

Steve83

Bronco Guru
Loc.
I was ADT in AZ when it started, and all the federal guys (active & reserve)got "expedited", but none of the NG like me. I missed Panama for the same reason - I was ADT in Monterey, CA, for it. I went a few years later to help with the canal turnover.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
OK stop the teasing Tim...A boat would have been very cool...

A few years ago and today. Give it a year. Should be ready then.

Attachments

• boat turn.JPG
    boat turn.JPG
    84.8 KB · Views: 39
  • P7040079.jpg
    P7040079.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 39
  • P7040080.jpg
    P7040080.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 35
  • P6270058.jpg
    P6270058.jpg