• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Saved another, check it out

HGM

Loc.
Senoia, Ga.
Once again Nick, you give me hope!!! I'm working my way towards the rear of mine and keep looking at the decent donor rear section I have, wondering if I could just splice the whole sides in.. From this build, I'm thinking it may be something I can tackle... Came out great!!

OP
OP
NicksTrix

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
HGM. key words are: measure, test fit and patience. lots of each are needed in various order. ;)
thx

bowhunter

Bronco Guru
Nick....you do great work my friend!

You do, however, have some questions to answer; when are you going to make your battery hold-down, fan shrouds and under hood elec storage boxes available to the public? Also, talk to me about those mirrors!!??!! Do you do them, or do I remember seeing someone else posting them up here a while back. We (the public) need something exactly like that, but would retrofit the stock mirror mounting holes.....so, those of us who have already finished body and paint work don't have to fret!

Once again, NICE!

Your friend....Dale

OP
OP
NicksTrix

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
thanks dale. i can't give all my trix up now...
the mirror mounts came from that prototype mass buy a couple years ago. i finally put them to use with some carbon mirrors. i wanted to give an aircraft feel in many of the details for this build and it fit they bill here.

ohpoo2

Contributor
Never seen one cut apart that far and come back to wheel again and the trix are awesome! D

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
is that a factory color or a custom mix? nice color what ever it is.

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
Awesome build, I'm looking forward to seeing it in person at the Super Celebration along with meeting you.

David

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Nice job for sure on that truck Nick! If I make it to the Super Celebration can't wait to see up close along with the other truck. :cool:

70EB

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Gig Harbor
As usual, it looks fantastic. Nice color too. I knew I should have had you build mine two deployments ago;D

mavereq

Bronco Guru
i'm amazed at how far gone that was after seeing the finished product. that's incredible. did you use any of the original tub?

OP
OP
NicksTrix

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
mavereq- we reused/repaired part of left taillight housing, #1 & 2 cross members, fire wall, front door posts,lh striker, kickpanels/cowl area and engine bay. oh same grill, hood & doors where repaired.
replaced everything else replaced with either new or good factory used panels. a frame came from kb6677.
i think it was 6 different trucks that donor panels came from. we repair what we can, but time is money and you have to know when to saw when.

this set a new record for saving one for us, but we're about to break it on another that just came back from chem strip.

thx for checking it out.

Last edited:

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
The chem strip is awesome.. I have thought about having that done to mine... on the outside mine looks decent, good rockers, fenders strikers and posts.. the floor is another story, but you never can truly tell till they are stripped back to bare metal. Id just be afraid to see it all come back as swiss cheese