• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Scored a 5.O HO.

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
Well I found Running Buddy a 1991 HO 5.O today ..78K miles out of a wreck complete motor with all the front items .. all the EFI stuff .. I think the guy said it's out of a cougar .. Will this be a GT Model .. Oh and it also comes with the trans .. All for $275.00..
... I could not believe I stumbled over this, Guys says come get it.. He had to go meet the teacher tonight. So we're going tomorrow.
.......78K miles I'd just put it in but .. Running Buddy wants items more perfect than I do .. So I believe I'll suggest he have it rebuilt .. What's your thoughts on this.

blazinchuck

Bronco Guru
id check compression, if mileage is right...should be fine! i think i would light it off 1st! then see what is sounds like. its the same motor as mine, but i paid more for it$700! (only 16k original miles) you got a great deal man!

AussieBronco

I did a thunderbird transplant last year so let me know if you want any help with the wiring, serp belt after deleting smog pump etc. Great buy!

dbevans2249

Loc.
Buena Park, Ca.
Well I found Running Buddy a 1991 HO 5.O today ..78K miles out of a wreck complete motor with all the front items .. all the EFI stuff .. I think the guy said it's out of a cougar .. Will this be a GT Model .. Oh and it also comes with the trans .. All for $275.00..
... I could not believe I stumbled over this, Guys says come get it.. He had to go meet the teacher tonight. So we're going tomorrow.
.......78K miles I'd just put it in but .. Running Buddy wants items more perfect than I do .. So I believe I'll suggest he have it rebuilt .. What's your thoughts on this.

JMO, do the compression test. If it is good just clean and paint it. These injected engines still have the cross hatch showing in the cylinders with a lot more miles than that from what I have seen on here. There is plenty of work involved in the EFI swap with wiring, fuel system and air intake etc. Not having to go through the engine at the same time will be a good thing.

OP
OP
Pa PITT

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
Well I had to go get that motor by myself.. Running Buddy had other business. $275.00 for all of it. Every thing was there .. Motor was not as clean as I was lead to believe. But man that was the best priced set up I've seen.. R/B's tech is going to run a compression test on it. I told him I'd just go ahead an put in rings. bearings. & Service the heads.

OP
OP
Pa PITT

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
Izzy I did think of that. I HAVE A 2nd Project I'd like to slide into the shop and start on ..
I Know I'm crazy for thinking this way .. But I like to build this one for our Fire Dept .. It's already Red. But build it as a Parade Ready.. support team.. Red with Gold pin stripes... name on the sides.. Let the Cheif drive it.

Izzy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Texas
Izzy I did think of that. I HAVE A 2nd Project I'd like to slide into the shop and start on ..
I Know I'm crazy for thinking this way .. But I like to build this one for our Fire Dept .. It's already Red. But build it as a Parade Ready.. support team.. Red with Gold pin stripes... name on the sides.. Let the Cheif drive it.

That would be sweet and a very nice thing to do for the FD. It would be cool to see a Chief in a Bronco in parades.

OP
OP
Pa PITT

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
OK Guys back on the 5.O HO .. THEY Did a Compression test And IT failed.. Turned out it had a blown head gasket. So It's now apart, as my dad would have said from ''asshole to appetite''. So their going to do a complete over haul on it and work the heads. As on of the valves was also leaking. The Block turned out to be that XXX block from Mexico that everyone wants.
... So I told him to step up to the plate an get it done .. We stole it at $275.00 and he'll love the EFI and roller set up. .. I think he's going to even work the trans he got with it. He'd not said he wasn't totally happy with his other AOD. So He's going to try a 2nd.
... Any Advise on what to put into the new AOD .. He has 4:11'S 35'S and .. What do you suggest ... Not saying he'll do it but what does it need.. It's just a DD and once a year we take it into N Mexico hunting and climbing ..for a week.