• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

SEFI Throttle linkage hook up... Help needed

67halfcab

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Michigan
I'm getting closer to finishing up installing Mustang SEFI setup into my 68' and want to find out how/what any of you with SEFI setup used for the Throttle linkage.

Pics greatly appreciated. (e-mail em if you can't post em)

TIA

67halfcab@classicbroncos.com

howiebilt

Bronco Buddah
Loc.
Newton
It was a long time ago ... but I remember having to use a hack saw or something to make a cut in the side of a hole so that the new cable could slide into place . I would have to go out and look tomorrow to be sure . I just remember that it was no big deal to convert to the new style cable instead of the rod linkage .

howiebilt

Bronco Buddah
Loc.
Newton
Go to www.broncofix.com and select tech section then click on SEFI install and start readin' ..............JK;D

Here you go ,

I removed the gas pedal and heated it up at the "dog leg", twisted it 90degrees so the ball on the end was facing back of vehicle. Make sure the ball is still centered with opening to the firewall. Ground off one side of ball and punched it out. Drilled it 11/32, hack sawed a notch from top down to hole. Chiseled the notch open gently, to allow throttle cable to slip through and snap in the plastic retainer into place, just like it was OEM. Bolted the cable right to the pedal assembly

Attachments

• resize of bw21.jpg
    resize of bw21.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 73