• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

SOLD Sept 65 1966 u14 "Rusty"

Status
Not open for further replies.

camp9k

Bought this a little over a year ago for the title and frame....Wanted to see if I could get it running and got carried away. Kept looks in found condition but mechanically restored"everything works". Currently reg with clean title. u14fl7531**

*Update*
Beer and Fish and others I may have confused by talking about my other bronco and frame....the half cab bronco is whats for sale and I have attached a picture of the vin tag which was removed due to rust on the kick panels, the vin on the frame and the title is clear and currently registered in my name I hope this clears things up...

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/5383024100.html

I will add a video to the CL add later today.

https://youtu.be/3_izAkKwH-8

Thanks
John

Attachments

• IMG_20160126_121939474_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20160126_121939474_HDR.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 340
  • IMG_20151212_083846706.jpg
    IMG_20151212_083846706.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 408
  • IMG_20151212_083901020.jpg
    IMG_20151212_083901020.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 334
  • IMG_20151014_125324294_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20151014_125324294_HDR.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 338
  • IMG_20160117_111625482_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20160117_111625482_HDR.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 310
  • IMG_20151212_083920606_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20151212_083920606_HDR.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 267
  • IMG_20150906_142340043.jpg
    IMG_20150906_142340043.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 297
Last edited:

SP66

Bronco Guru
Anyone been able to open and watch the YouTube. Takes me to Justin Beiber videos.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
His private setting is still on and it's not visible to the common pop.

OP
OP
camp9k

camp9k

let me know if you can see the video? I think it working now? I will try to get my son to get some good pics on the underneath today.

Thanks
John

OP
OP
camp9k

camp9k

This is a list of what was done to it over that past year and i will post pics later...

Bought this 66 half cab since it came with a clear title, good frame and most of the hard to find 66 stuff.

On the five hour drive I was surprised at all the thumbs ups and smiles I got as people passed me!

After cleaning up and assessing what sheet metal would have to be replace I decided to just see if I could get it running and drive it around town. I did get the stock 170 running with a plastic bottle taped to the windshield frame for gas. Most of the bolts in the exhaust manifold were broken off so I decided to find a used 200.

As that search started I went on to other issues. None of the doors had glass and I was missing a door panel. I decided to keep the rust bucket theme so I placed an ad for rusty and dented parts for 66 bronco. I was able to get a door panel, hardware, dash controls, a good 66 radiator, carb, 66 front and rear housing and some other stuff.

The doors are complete now and everything works and has been keyed to match ignition. Did replace the upper seals on the half cab but lowers are toast. Could use an anti rattle kit.

I went through the rear end and added a third member I had laying around and installed it. I brought the front end to a local shop and had a trac lok installed with new inner seals. Then I replace all the brake lines and hoses and installed a dual master for safety. I then got the front axle back from the shop and rebuilt the king pins, u joints, outer seals, brakes and installed locking hubs since mine were full-time hubs. I set the axle aside for now.

I went through the engine compartment wiring and felt good about most of it but ran a ne coil wire to the ignition switch and, WH voltage regulator and some plugs.

I took all the front lights and buckets out and replaced springs adjusters, bulbs and outer rings. The buckets should be replaced but didn’t have any at the time but now I do. I had new lens on the parking lights but a friend gave me some faded ones since the new ones didn’t match the old look.
I ran new wires to rear lights and installed new sockets and found some old cracked lenses on eBay, which matched the look.

I then took out the steering column and rebuilt it including the turn signal wiring.

Took out the dash harness and installed a new fuse box. Bought a speedo off eBay, installed a semi rusty ring and some pitted glass for the old appearance. Bench tested everything and installed. Installed a new ignition and headlight switch and everything works!

Plasma cut all the rust out of the floors and just screwed some WH floor pans in and some home made patches for the kick panels.

Disassembled the bench seat to bare metal and had it sandblasted. Painted and bought a cover from a guy on eBay and had it re-upolsted. Added seat belts…the tracks are toast but you can adjust seat distance with two people (cant find replacements)

Found and excellent rear gas tank and installed it with new lines to engine.

Engine: 170 ran but exhaust bolts were broken in head. Replaced w an 85k 1967 mustang 200 with an undated head. I replaced gaskets water pump timing chain rebuilt autolite carb…re-jetted for 200.new exhaust new flywheel throw-out & pilot bearing and clutch. Front trans seal Ruff stuff 130-amp alternator, new hoses motor mounts. Pertronix installed new plugs and wires. The pan off the 170 was sand blasted treated w rust bullet and painted blue and installed since the mustang one doesn’t fit. Had the local exhaust shop install all new exhaust…Runs excellent but does smoke a bit …seems to smoke less the more I drive it…maybe since it hadn’t run in a while.

Tranfercase changed seals oil updated to Spicer yokes and updated drivelines

The rear axle needed the drums cut off due to rust…the housing was sandblasted treated with rust bullet, painted with appliance paint, new seals brakes ect.

At this point I installed new WH 2.5 front springs, bushings, bolts and installed the rebuilt front axle w trac lok and 4.11 gears. 1 had a set of 11 pack 3.5 spring that had really sagged so I installed those in the the rear with the redone rear axle with 4.11 gears. I installed some rs9000 sdj shocks and have them dialed down pretty low and it drives nice. You can let go of the wheel at 60mph and it goes straight.

Installed new vacuum wiper fuel pump and new hoses. Had and extra set of wipers around and all work great.

Found some newer old but straight wheels and had new Michelin AT installed.
I’m sure there is some things I’m forgetting but that’s about it. Have gone to a few WH events which is about 40 miles from my house. I like the bench seat but a nice set of procars would make the ride even better.

It get tons of attention everywhere I go….its main purpose is to run around town but my family doesn’t like the three speed. If I don’t sell it I may slip in a c4 this summer.

FarmerJB

Loc.
Lafayette
has this sold or is it still available? i noticed the ad was taken down off craigslist- i'm hoping Rusty is still for sale till i get my bonus.....cause if so, i want it
here's my cell 925-917-0776
john
i'm nearby, live in Lafayette ;) would love to snag this once my $ arrives, which is about a month away

OP
OP
camp9k

camp9k

Yes it did sell...sorry i forgot to mark it sold.

Thanks
John

Status
Not open for further replies.