• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Shackle flip kit

Rockrawl

Loc.
San Antonio, TX
They look nice to me. Maybe a bit pricey but that is a lot of steel. I have heard good things about ruffstuff so I would not hesitate to order parts form them.

I see a shackle flip in my future too but I think I'm going to switch to the f-150 leaf springs to gain some wheelbase. Have you considered doing that? I've seen a few people on pirate run 2x4 f-150 springs with a shackle flip because 1. they are 2.5" wide so you can retain your front spring hangar, and 2. because they are 56" long as compared to the bronco springs which are 46" (if I remember correctly) which should give even more flex. If you run them with the double loop end to the front you gain ~1" of wb or if you flip them around backwards you are supposed to gain 5-6". The only downsides that I can see are that you would need an antiwrap bar and you might hit them on ledges when both rear tires drop at the same time. I haven't measured yet, but I think if I do this then I will hang the leafs off the back of 2x4" tubing welded to the back of my frame like a bumper. Ruffstuff carries the parts for that mounting style too.

Anyway, just throwing that out there. I've read about it on pirate but haven't seen it over here yet.

OP
OP
kaknblz

kaknblz

Loc.
Reno, Nv
Thanks for the info. Im not sure if I want to extend the wheelbase yet or not. Probably just leave it for now. There are to many options. I just want some more flex. Right now it is lifted with blocks and has absolutely none.

bronko69er

EB Addict
Loc.
Renton, WA
Stock leaves with this (mine pictured above) flexes quite a bit. Also shown below.

DSCN0101-1.jpg

DSCN0100-1.jpg

DSCN0102-1.jpg

DSCN3697.jpg

DSCN3698.jpg

Rockin69er

How much lift does flipping the shackles give you guys? I would be interested in a cheap 1.5-2 inches (aren't we all) to make up for sagging springs. I already did the WH add-a-leaf.

slow440

hey those rear shocks look like they are mounted in the stock location! Mine really limit my droop. Are those Cage and what is the PN?? Thanks,

JT

bronko69er

EB Addict
Loc.
Renton, WA
I think they are the ones for the 3.5" lift. 12" travel IIRC? Yes cage.
Romping_bronco (Ted) will know for sure. His is the teal one.

Mine (yellow EB) are the 14" travel cage, on custom shock hoops, see my build thread for pics of the hoops.

dieselracer

Loc.
Citrus Heights, CA
I did a shackle flip just like in the pictures above, but one question i have is what does everyone do about the leaf spring straps that are wrapped around the leaf pack. You do need to have some sort of strap to keep the leaves from twisting don't you? My current ones just look like they would extremely limit droop.

bronko69er

EB Addict
Loc.
Renton, WA
Flipping the hanger (depending on placement) and extending the shackle 2" yields about 3.5" of lift with stock leaves.
You will have to reclock your perches or add shims to get the pinion angle right.

Gravel Maker

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sacramento
Thanks for all the visits and orders.....!

I should let those of you that haven't called know, we can pretty much make these for any spring or lift, just call the order in....;D