• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Shackle Flip / Relocate Question

hartbronco

Loc.
Powell River B.C Can
do you have any pictures of yours? Should I just weld a bolt in at 7 o'clock?
Not on hand ... But I can take a pic tomorrow and send it to you . Don't weld any thing untill you have the tank ( with fuel ) and all the other stuff in and done, you may need to move the hangers up or down still .

OP
OP
DanWheeler

DanWheeler

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Kirkland, WA
found the old U-bolts for the Sterling axle in my scrap pile.. That should do it!

1107813974_5Y6c5-M.jpg

where's that green redneck smiley with the missing tooth? I thought we had that one on cb.com.

jakestaaa

Dan,

I am considering this same mod. I see that this thread was a while ago. Is there anything you would have done differently?

Does the flip provide additional articulation/performance or is it simply to get
more lift? (how much lift do you think it provides)

Or.... does this mod allow you to move the axle further back without running out of frame?

Thanks for any input that you might provide.

OP
OP
DanWheeler

DanWheeler

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Kirkland, WA
pretty sure all it does is add lift. I've heard leafs with a lot of arch dont flex as well as stock springs so you can get some lift out of a shackle flip without buying new leafs. it also would allow you to run longer shackles for additional lift. I honestly cant remember my reason for flipping. maybe i wanted the option of longer shackles for more lift in case the rear ended up sitting low after my build.

jakestaaa

So would you agree that if my goal is wheel base rather than lift, I should leave non-flipped and just take both mounts back as Far as I see fit. Likely ethe same measurement? Any profile pics of fenders after extended base?

Thx again