• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

She needs fuel Captain

Todd B

Loc.
Johnson City
So after 18 months of love and frustration last night we attempted to start our Spirit of '76 Bronco project. All electrical sytems checked out great, engine cranked (whew!, nice rebuild) She even ran with gas sprayed in the carb. However she would not run on her own.

We removed input at the fuel pump and blew air through the line, did not feel anything sooo!

My question is after sitting for months (ran before engine pulled) could the lines simply be gummed up?? Does the Main/Aux valve lock up?? Any help is appreciated

We are so close to that first rumble!!

Thanks
Todd B

phred

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Earth
check all the fuel line and pickups at the tanks. Make sure some bug has not made a nest in on of the lines.

phred

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Earth
Oh yeah, forgot to ask. Is there gas in the tank? Been there and chased my tail for an hour before I thought to check.

OP
OP
T

Todd B

Loc.
Johnson City
Thanks phred, yep put fuel in both tanks, Am I correct that the pointy end of the tank valve should point to Main or Aux as noted on plate??

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Thanks phred, yep put fuel in both tanks, Am I correct that the pointy end of the tank valve should point to Main or Aux as noted on plate??

Make sure to turn it all the way to one side or the other. The lever should be parallel to the floor in either position.

Fitz24

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Had a similar problem after leaving mine sit for some time. Ran fine prior but would not start after sitting for a month. Checked gas in tank. OK. Finally replaced mechanical fuel pump and she started after a some short spins to get it pumping.

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
I'VE bought a pickup once and it would start like that ...the needle in the needle and seat was stuck ...I had to really pull to get it out ...back together ran fine...Put a line off a gas can to the fuel pump see if it'll run ..