• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Sheet Metal

dc2

Loc.
Pensacola
Where is the best place you guy have found to buy sheet metal replacement parts? I am looking to order qt panels, floor pans, and possibly front inner structure for my 77. I have looked at LMC, and Dennis Carpenters. Is there anywhere else I should be looking?
Thanks,
Daniel

Wyflyer

Bronco Guru
I built a spread sheet and listed the parts I needed. Then I priced them out among all the major suppliers. I found that overall, the best average price was through Jeff's Bronco Graveyard.
So,, X3 and JBG

siderbox

Bronco Guru
I built a spread sheet and listed the parts I needed. Then I priced them out among all the major suppliers. I found that overall, the best average price was through Jeff's Bronco Graveyard.
So,, X3 and JBG

I thought I was the only one that did things like that. I'm going to have my wife read this one.

I can use this info too. I'm going to by a load of sheet metal this winter.
Saved me some time. %) Thanks

Wyflyer

Bronco Guru
I spent 3300 bucks on sheet metal. If I had known how much I was going to spend, I would have gotten on the phone and done some negotiating with these vendors. Like all things, you can call them and see how bad they want your business, especially if you are spending this kind of coin.

OP
OP
dc2

dc2

Loc.
Pensacola
thanks

Thanks for the info. I am looking at the complete body kit from JBG. I know I won't use all of it but I am pretty sure I will use 80% of it. Has anybody used this kit before? If so how is the fit and quality of the panels.
Thanks,
Daniel

Wyflyer

Bronco Guru
Thanks for the info. I am looking at the complete body kit from JBG. I know I won't use all of it but I am pretty sure I will use 80% of it. Has anybody used this kit before? If so how is the fit and quality of the panels.
Thanks,
Daniel

Hmmm, this is a tricky thing to answer.. gotta choose my words right..
They fit pretty good, considering they are built in Korea by people who never saw a Bronco, and did not have access to the original parts or dies. Many vendors sell the same identical piece, from the same oriental country.
If you buy the entire package, I'd say that 40% will be medium quality (looks like the original but needs some bending and fitting). Another 40% will be high quality (needs nothing but welded in) and the final 20% will leave you asking yourself "WTF is this thing supposed to be, and how can I possibly use it?"

I just finished replacing about 80% of the sheet metal in my tub, and i'm gonna warn you to think about this long and hard before you whip out the visa card and pull the trigger. I won't say I "regret" rebuilding my tub, but I regret not using a bit more patience and looking around for a better tub that needed much less of my attention.
Why?
Because you can buy a nice usable tub for less than you can build one. Someone out there has one, you just haven't found it yet. Plus, the original tub doesn't need hours of fitting, shimming, and head scratching to get the fenders and doors to line up.

This makes me wonder how many people out there have built a second or third entire tub, after getting their spankings on the first one??
Anyhow, my .02

Flash69

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Southwest Va
I built a new tub and i dont want to do it again. The parts i got from jeffs was fine. i used some from duffs also.