• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Shift Collar Sleeve

edge4

Contributor
Loc.
Gonzales, Texas
Do any of the aftermarket vendors make a blank shift collar sleeve for those who have gone to floor shifters?
I read that you can get a early mustang sleeve to work. Are there any other donor vehicles that would work?

P.S. Yes, I know this is a stupid vanity question, but I hate those empty sleeves, like a wart, on my EB's steering column.

g-money

Loc.
Vancouver, WA
You can either get one from a 70's ford truck that has teh shifter in the floor, you can cut it off fill it with bondo then sand and paint (this is what I did on my tilt column, looks great) or you can send me the cost of shipping and I will send you the one I had on my old column. I had orignally swapped in a 74 for column for that same reason until I found a tilt.

Let me know.
Galen

mgweiss

Loc.
Denver
g-money's right on. I took the collar off a 70's ford truck column and it fit perfectly. It was even the same color.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
[quote author=edge4 link=board=5;threadid=14620;start=0#110111 date=1046145261]
Do any of the aftermarket vendors make a blank shift collar sleeve for those who have gone to floor shifters?
I read that you can get a early mustang sleeve to work. Are there any other donor vehicles that would work?

[/quote]

Wild Horses sells them for about $85. The '67-'68 Mustang collars work well as do the ones from F-Series trucks through '77 with floor shifters. I pick them at the junkyards and sell them all the time.

Todd Z.