• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

shifter question for np 435 & dana 20 combo

va bronco

Loc.
Henry, VA 24102
I'm getting stuff together for installing a 4wd np 435 in my 76 Bronco. I'm using the J type t-case that came with my Bronco. Will the tranny shifter get in the way of the t-case shifter? If I twinstick the t-case, will I have to modify the shift rails to keep the front & rear ranges interlocked? - ex. front goes low & rear is in high = t-case dead :p .

cracker

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pueblo, Colorado
You can bend the 435 shifter to accomodate the J pattern fairly easily. I am still using my T shifter w/ my 435 and it does not interfere.

kwspony

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Roseville
A body lift is a good thing to have with a NP435. otherwise you will have to cut a larger hole in the floor and bend the shifter alot more.