• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Shipping an EB

weidjd

Hope this OK to post. While I am looking for my first EB I have noticed many for sale many miles from me. Has anyone had a EB shipped using a service either single owner or broker type. Was it a good experience? Any suggestions/recommendations for this?

Thanks

g8rb8t

Bronco Guru
Had a really good experience and shipped mine from Nevada to Georgia. I used Boomerang Transport 706-936-5236. Paid $950 to ship open trailer 2 years ago.

bigpitbull

BRONCO ADDICT
Loc.
Saltillo, MS
I have used Uship once with a guy named Steve from Al... Good guy and good service. Also used a service based out of Arizona with good success...

GRW

I am not sure what part of the country you are in but some of the local diesel boards have people that are in (or used to be) in that line of work. If they are not in that line of work any more they normaly know people that are and can point you in the right dirrection.
In the northwest check out NWBombers.com.

DustDevilOffRd

Loc.
Long Island
I use Plycar to ship all my vehicles, its enclosed so its more expensive but its absolutely top notch, and its kind of cool seeing a 40 something year old Bronco sitting next to $200,000 lamborghini's haha

AFLtCol

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I used Mercury Auto Transport, delivered to my house. They were recommended to me, and after using them, I would recommend to others.

Farrell Martin

Loc.
Marietta, GA
We have used Intercity Lines several times over the years and have always been happy with them.

http://www.intercitylines.com

I have shipped multiple cars from all over the country to GA. I have had HORRIBLE experiences and I have have good ones too. Intercity was hands down the best experience yet. They specialize in cars that people love and take great care. They only run enclosed car haulers, so you will pay a little extra, but I found the difference to not be that much more, especially considering the added peace of mind.

With UShip and other other 'broker' models, they will put your haul out on a database with the price you want to pay. You then wait until a carrier decides he will accept your load. The experience you then get will be driven 100% by the carrier that accepts the load. Keep in mind that you will likely get what you pay for, so trying to squeeze the price down may result in a carrier you would prefer not to do business with.

Good luck

- F

Grantoser

Loc.
Missouri
Price seems to be cheaper and cheaper the closer pick up and drop off locations are to a major city. I used stateway auto transport and had no issues. The guy I bought the bronco from took it to a major city for me from about an hour away so that helped a ton on pick up times and price. If you want it picked up or delivered to a very remote location it's tough to get it shipped for a decent price...

67RT

Bronco Guru
I have shipped multiple cars from all over the country to GA. I have had HORRIBLE experiences and I have have good ones too. Intercity was hands down the best experience yet. They specialize in cars that people love and take great care. They only run enclosed car haulers, so you will pay a little extra, but I found the difference to not be that much more, especially considering the added peace of mind.

With UShip and other other 'broker' models, they will put your haul out on a database with the price you want to pay. You then wait until a carrier decides he will accept your load. The experience you then get will be driven 100% by the carrier that accepts the load. Keep in mind that you will likely get what you pay for, so trying to squeeze the price down may result in a carrier you would prefer not to do business with.

Good luck

- F

Just used Uship. They had very poor communication with me when their carrier was having issues. Carrier they hired was garbage and Uship ended up blacklisting them. Crazy thug driver that had poor English (Russian, I believe) and couldn't read street signs. Thought my neighborhood said no trucks when sign said no parking!
Make sure transport can get to neighborhood if u use a open transport. Bigger rigs.. Otherwise arrange a spot for them to meet you at (parking lot, etc..)
You pay down payment on line and then it is COD... I didn't notice that fact and had to run and find ATM..

WheelHorse

Bronco Guru
Used Webster Relocation. Me and another guy on here used them with great success.

Cost from CO to IL was 500 dollars. 100 to the broker, 400 to the driver.

Webster Relocation

Leaving Colorado:

BroncoPaxSideTieDown_0717.jpg

Arriving at it's new home:

Broncounload.jpeg

Driver had communicated all the way and met me at 6:30 in the morning outside my residence for no extra charge.

Gatesboy

Loc.
Remsen
I Remember Paying 350 For Shipping From West Virginia To Upstate New York. I had to wait a few weeks but It Was Worth it.