• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Shipping Bronco parts to Canada ?

screamin reel

Loc.
Calgary, Alberta, Ca
I have read a few posts on this topic but not a lot of good info.
I see that B&W out of BC (Cobble Hill) has Bronco parts. Are they reputable ? Decent quality ?
I am putting all new metal on the front. Kick panels, inner fenders etc. Probably $1000 bucks worth. They also have other items of interest probably another $1000 - $1500 worth. Who do they bring their parts in from ?
If I were to ship from the US, what would $2000 USD in parts cost me once it finally arrived at my door step with Brokerage fees, shipping etc ?
Would like to get this project going again so parts PDQ would be nice.
I am also planning a month long vacation from Calgary to the west coast of BC down through Washington, Oregon, California and then back to calgary in July. Would I be better off to wait and zip over to Duffs in Washington while I am down there ? I'm sure my wife would be more than pleased to turn our family vacation into a Bronco shopping spree. Ha, Ha.!
Thanks

broncomanbrad

Loc.
Roseau, MN
Basically on any Bronco parts that you're bringing across the border it's 14%. Sometimes they charge you for just the parts but sometimes they also add the shipping to that (apparently). I don't know about the quality of B&W but if they get their stuff from Carpenter or any reputable place I'd buy from them. It would save you a bundle. It would be awesome to tour James Duff's though.....

77BroncoWag

Contributor
Bronco Guru
screamin reel said:
I have read a few posts on this topic but not a lot of good info.
I see that B&W out of BC (Cobble Hill) has Bronco parts. Are they reputable ? Decent quality ?
I am putting all new metal on the front. Kick panels, inner fenders etc. Probably $1000 bucks worth. They also have other items of interest probably another $1000 - $1500 worth. Who do they bring their parts in from ?
If I were to ship from the US, what would $2000 USD in parts cost me once it finally arrived at my door step with Brokerage fees, shipping etc ?
Would like to get this project going again so parts PDQ would be nice.
I am also planning a month long vacation from Calgary to the west coast of BC down through Washington, Oregon, California and then back to calgary in July. Would I be better off to wait and zip over to Duffs in Washington while I am down there ? I'm sure my wife would be more than pleased to turn our family vacation into a Bronco shopping spree. Ha, Ha.!
Thanks

They use to have a big building in Bellingham WA also to ship to the US. Not sure they still do ?:? .

relm4x4

Loc.
Terrace, B.C, Canada
If your going to be buying that amount of parts and you are going down there anyways I would wait. The brokerage fee is the killer IMO, it is calculated on the dollar value you spend, if you are buying $2000 worth of stuff you'll save a pile in just the brokerage if you go get it yourself. As far as B&W goes I have been that route and if it's sheetmetal you are after don't bother, the lower quarters, tailight sections, and striker posts I got from them were absolute crap. They also have a 20% restocking fee if you don't want the stuff so it isn't worth it to send back if you are not happy with them. The sheetmetal they sell are made by Schott Panels, at least that is the sticker mine had on them. There is very little sheetmetal available in Canada but a place called Cross Canada or AMP not sure which they go by now carry some stuff. I only have used there tailight sections and they weren't to bad, I'm going to get front fenders from them as well. Any body shop should have their catalog.
Good luck.

OP
OP
screamin reel

screamin reel

Loc.
Calgary, Alberta, Ca
Unfortunately, Cross Canada's prices are 3 - 4 times what I could buy for in the US or from what I have seen on B & W's web site. The only sheet metal products I was interested in were both kick panels, full floor pan set and both inner fenders. The rest I can fabricate.
I guess If I do get my stuff from Duff's at least I can inspect the parts before I purchase.

tml

Loc.
Ontario, Canada
I deal with a company here in my home town who deals in racing supplies. They order parts from all over the US. I order the parts I need, generally from JBG and have them shipped to his wearhouse in upper NY State with that zip code. He's over there 3 times/week or so picking up race supplies and my parts at the same time. Pay him 20$ or so and bam! got my parts. I'm sure there are some companies who are part of a free trade agreement that do the same thing around your parts. Worth looking into..ask around might cost you a little more than 20$ but it might be better than the alternative..

77BroncoWag

Contributor
Bronco Guru
USA
B&W Antique Auto Parts Inc.
4653 Guide Meridian Rd. Unit 1803
Bellingham, Washington, 98226
Warehouse and Distribution Center

Canada
B&W Antique Auto Parts Inc.
1140 Hutchinson Rd, RR #2,
Cobble Hill, BC, V0R 1L0
Store and Head Office

why would you have brokerage fees?????????????????

OP
OP
screamin reel

screamin reel

Loc.
Calgary, Alberta, Ca
ransil, not talking about NAFTA here. Well aware there are no duties charged provided items are either made in the US or Mexico. We're talking about Brokerage fees and shipping costs.
Sounds as though relm4x4 is not happy with the quality of parts from B&W.
I don't mind paying a little more for a quality part but don't want to throw good money away so that UPS or Fedex can profit from exorbitant brokerage fees.
77BroncoWag
Have you used any sheetmetal parts fron B&W and were you happy with the quality ?

77BroncoWag

Contributor
Bronco Guru
My neighbor bought some from them and it looked like the stuff you get from Duffs.

Raskew

Loc.
Vancouver, B.C.
I've bought some items from B&W and you definitely save on brokerage fees. The guy who runs the place is a really nice guy. I've never bought any sheet metal off of him, but various other stuff. I notice that he carries James Duff Suspension and Dennis Carpenter Weatherstripping. I bet if you asked him he could order you the panels from whatever company you want to get them from.
Here is a link to their online catalog

http://www.bwautoparts.com/bronco/Bronco.001.htm

relm4x4

Loc.
Terrace, B.C, Canada
The upper quarters they get from Duffs, which I had no problem with. As far as the brokerage fees they are added in to the price of his stuff, trust me. I went over my bills and I should have just bought direct from Duffs or Toms. I'm not into vendor bashing but I'm just saying I'm not happy and the 20% restocking fee is just not feasible to send stuff back especially when you add in freight. I realize quality sheetmetal is tough to find for our trucks but anything made by schott panels is junk. If you are heading out that way at least you can check out the parts.