• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Shock install question

kaw700zn

Loc.
Chandler
Top of my front shocks came with nyloc nut (i guess that's how it's called). Basically nut with plastic ring inside. I have a problem of tightening that nut. Or even removing it. It ends up spinning shock's shaft and i have no resistance to tighten or unscrew. I tried holding the shaft with pliers (with towel in between not to scratch the shaft) but that's not working.

Any suggestions?

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Usually the top of the shocks threaded shaft that you have the nut on has a hex head shape at the top. You can put a wrench on that to hold it still while you tighten that nylock nut with another wrench.

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
Usually the top of the shocks threaded shaft that you have the nut on has a hex head shape at the top. You can put a wrench on that to hold it still while you tighten that nylock nut with another wrench.

Or sometimes the very end of the shaft has two flatted surfaces so you can hold it with a wrench.