• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Short water pump???

mike9624

I was wondering if ebs came with a short water pump on the 302 motor. My 74 came with a jasper crate motor so I don't know what it had originally. I was looking at someones bronco at a truck show and noticed they had way more room between the fan and the radiator. Mine only has 3/8" of clearance.

wildbill

Old Bronco Guy
8) 8) 8)Broncos came with a bronco pump hose on left side never saw a long or short pump. on a bronco good luck. ;D ;D ;D Bill 8) ::) :p

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
When ford started using the smog pumps in the Bronco they changed the water pump lengths. there are 3 different lengths that I know of basicly a mustang pump no smog pump passenger side pick-up standard pump. a 74-75 water pump passenger side pick-up with smog pump which is 3/16th of an inch shorter and the 76-77 water pump passenger side pick-up with smog pump which is about 7/16 of an inch shorter. with these pumps the pully sets are different and cant be interchanged and the spacers on the fans may be different. These odd ball pumps are a pain in the ass especially since the autoparts guys are morons these days (beg my pardon to the guys that know what they are doing!!!) The early Mustang pump is easy to find and the special Bronco pumps you will have to order and fight with the morons who will gladly sell you the stock pump that the book says wiil fit and wont because they didn't read the fine print. The Napa parts book spell it out correctly though. Spent many a day fighting this one and installing the wrong pump twice now just hoping when I need one next they are still available.