• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Should I pre order 35x12.5z15 BFG Mud KM2's talk me in or into somethin different

DonsBolt

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chestnut Hill, Mass
I just talked to Tire rack, they told me the new BFG Mud terrains in 35x12.5x15 will be released in about 3-4 weeks.

I have been waiting for these forever, as even though I would love 17inch wheels I just don't think I can afford the wheels as well.

For those who are running the New BFG Mud terrains, how do you like them, how are they offroad, and on road?

I can pre order them for 178 each, I am just affraid they might go down after a while.

So should I go for them, or whats the best 35x12.5x15 mud terrain for both on and off road???????????

Last edited:

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
I think 178 is about as low as they will go...at least in the normal retail market...thats about where the current BFG MTs are priced at. Let us know how they turn out for you. They look pretty cool...siping appears much improved.

jedblake

Loc.
Boulder City, NV
I'm in the same boat. Discount Tire told me Sept 2008. The only thing I wonder is if they will be on back order as soon as they are released???
Thats a lot of tire shops in the US that most likely have them pre-sold.

OP
OP
DonsBolt

DonsBolt

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chestnut Hill, Mass

PS

Loc.
Sebastopol, CA
I would go with a 17 inch wheel, but for the life of me I can't find a 3.75 inch back spacing on a 17x9

Walker Evans Racing, but you already knew that...

Out here in California, Ford is running a tire promotion; buy three and get the fourth free. They ran the same sale last fall and I picked up five 315/70/17 BFG/AT/TA. I bought four and got one free. I'd suggest a phone call to your closest dealer, the sale might be nation-wide.

Then a few weeks ago I ordered my Walker Evans wheels and mounted 'em up right in my own garage: beadlocks are great. I split up the purchases so I could get exactly the combo I wanted, plus my Bronco is my business vehicle so the tax benefit was spread over two different years.

If it would help to sway you, I'd be happy to email you a couple of pictures...

Scrapper_MV

I have the 37"X12.50"X17" on Allied beadlocks. I love them! They work great off road and on road. And they are very quiet on the higway compared to the mud terrains I've had in the past. I got five of them mounted & balanced on my beadlocks for $1500.00 so that price souds good.

FASTERDAMITT

Loc.
Oceanside
I don't know about you guys but I have had numerous sidewall punctures on BFG's from rocks and sticks. I guess it depends on where you wheel at. I used to run them all the time until I figured out I had more issues than my friends with better sidewall tires.

BG's 68 Bronco

Just curious is anyone knows whether or not Costco would warranty the tire from side punctures etc.? I'm pretty sure they will warranty the tread life... so if you wear out the tread before the specified life expectancy say 80000km then they would replace the tires with a new set minus the mileage you got out of them. eg. tire lasted 50% of what is was supposed too tire cost $200 so you would get $100 credit towards next tire?

I wouldn't put this past them. Up until recently I would buy electroncis from them, knowing full well I would return them for a full refund. It was an excellent rental set up for me!

Sorry for HiJack Don.

Rockrawl

Loc.
San Antonio, TX
bfg-mud-terrain-ta-km2-sec.jpg

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
doesnt look like the new tread would be better in the mud than the old mud terrains, just my opinion. it does look like it would be an all around better tire.
looks more aggressive than the all terrain, but not as loud and aggressive as the mud terrain. it is on my list of things to follow. i like bf goodrich tires.

dieselracer

Loc.
Citrus Heights, CA
All the magazines were saying that the KM2's have been completely re-designed from the inside -out. I guess they are supposed to have thicker sidewalls to to help with load rating, as well as durability off-road.