• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Show Me Your Custom Door Panels!

RyanITV

Loc.
Lewes, DE
We're trying to come up with some ideas for my build's interior door panels and not having much luck. The plain black looks, well, plain... and the stainless ones I got, while nice looking, look like an afterthought.

If you've done a set of custom door panels, help a brother out with some inspiration... :)

Ryan

Greg_B

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cohutta, GA
I made these... not real fancy but functional and a little more custom than a plain panel. I left the one with the Bronco Script installed. The horse and the other trim piece I would sell if anyone was interested.

If any of you vendors out there want to buy these in quanty let me know... I can make a 100 just about as easy as one set.

Greg

Attachments

• door_horse.jpg
    door_horse.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 153
  • door_script.jpg
    door_script.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 130
  • door_trim_1.jpg
    door_trim_1.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 114

Heus33

Bronco Guru
Ryan are you doing power windows and locks?

Have you seen the speaker pods that they sell at the bronco hut?
Not sure if you're putting speakers in the doors but these are slick.
http://www.broncohut.com/Home/tabid/39/ProductID/1351/Default.aspx

Maybe something custom for the top half like what Greg posted usnig the Bronco script or even some milled alluminum design would look nice.

Everything on your rig is gonna be sweet - you might not need to go overboard with the doors.

Greg_B

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cohutta, GA
Holy Crap!!! I just looked at your build thread... thats unreal. I saw the ICON Bronco and yours makes it look like crap. Fantasic job...

Greg

OP
OP
RyanITV

RyanITV

Loc.
Lewes, DE
At this point, just power locks as with the Painless door contacts, the windows would only work when the doors are closed. Plus it's a '68 and I live at the beach - window frames are going to be off most of the summer! :)

We got in a set of stainless panels and mocked them up with the Bronochut pods, but the window crank is too close to the speaker pod for my comfort. Just looks a little less finished than the rest of the truck. Here's a pic:

doormockup.jpg

Ryan are you doing power windows and locks?

Have you seen the speaker pods that they sell at the bronco hut?
Not sure if you're putting speakers in the doors but these are slick.
http://www.broncohut.com/Home/tabid/39/ProductID/1351/Default.aspx

Maybe something custom for the top half like what Greg posted usnig the Bronco script or even some milled alluminum design would look nice.

Everything on your rig is gonna be sweet - you might not need to go overboard with the doors.

OP
OP
RyanITV

RyanITV

Loc.
Lewes, DE
Greg - what's the black ring/border made of? Gives me an idea....

I made these... not real fancy but functional and a little more custom than a plain panel. I left the one with the Bronco Script installed. The horse and the other trim piece I would sell if anyone was interested.

If any of you vendors out there want to buy these in quanty let me know... I can make a 100 just about as easy as one set.

Greg

JGZ

At this point, just power locks as with the Painless door contacts, the windows would only work when the doors are closed. Plus it's a '68 and I live at the beach - window frames are going to be off most of the summer! :)

We got in a set of stainless panels and mocked them up with the Bronochut pods, but the window crank is too close to the speaker pod for my comfort. Just looks a little less finished than the rest of the truck. Here's a pic:

doormockup.jpg

Looks like you need to drop the sperker pod down about a 1/2".That will give the clearance for the window crank..The pods were made off stock door panel dimensions.So your stainless panel my be a little different.JGZ

OP
OP
RyanITV

RyanITV

Loc.
Lewes, DE
Looks like you need to drop the sperker pod down about a 1/2".That will give the clearance for the window crank..The pods were made off stock door panel dimensions.So your stainless panel my be a little different.JGZ

Yeah - I think these are a little smaller. Brice has go a similar setup in his build - stainless panel, speaker pod... but his panels were a set from JBG, I think. I just liked Chuck's because they're recessed for the bolts.

OP
OP
RyanITV

RyanITV

Loc.
Lewes, DE
Ok Ryan - you might not want to look at these.

I know how much Darin likes aluminum....

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148772&highlight=billet+door+panels

Chuck's selling them now - love the idea, just a little too busy for me. Ideally, I'd take the door panel, split it and do an insert with some of the blue material left over from the seats.

This is where it sucks not being able to just go out in the garage, mock stuff up and figure it out.

Greg_B

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cohutta, GA
Yeah - I think these are a little smaller. Brice has go a similar setup in his build - stainless panel, speaker pod... but his panels were a set from JBG, I think. I just liked Chuck's because they're recessed for the bolts.

I have made several sets of steel door panels and powder coated them various colors... the first ones I made had the embossed holes for the screws but they let a lot of air blow through and felt kind of "flimsy". So then I tried to use spacers behind the panels which you have to do something to make the latch work, and added plastic beading to the edge to help seal it up. The latest version I made the panels larger... almost out to the "rib" in the door so it looks like a nice tight fit then took a sheet of corogated plastic on a CNC router and made a back panel to go between the metal panel and the door. This sealed up the door and made the door panel feel solid. I was suprised how well it worked.

I have sold several of these to members on here and all have liked the idea.

Just giving you some food for thought.

I have thought about offering these panels to the Bronco houses as I feel like they are better than what is currently offered.

Greg

WILDHORSES

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
USA
We made these to match our MasterCraft seats in our 76.

Attachments

• 11602_4281_popup.jpg
    11602_4281_popup.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 101

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
Ryan
I like Jims panel idea if you used the same materials as your seats. Black on top with blue on the bottom and an aluminum border. It would match the Raptor look.

Heus33

Bronco Guru
Chuck's selling them now - love the idea, just a little too busy for me. Ideally, I'd take the door panel, split it and do an insert with some of the blue material left over from the seats.

This is where it sucks not being able to just go out in the garage, mock stuff up and figure it out.

Did they do the ICON panels? I like these - billet up top, fabric on the bottom.

Kinda like a mullet.

Attachments

• 50-icon-ford-bronco-qs.jpg
    50-icon-ford-bronco-qs.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 102