• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

show me your pre runner bumpers

trophybass

Loc.
Plant City, Florida
I want to see all of your front and rear pre runner bumpers. Show me your duffs, jbg, bc, wh, toms, custom fabbed & home made. If you can tell me the size tubing used and the height of the center riser. i am fixing to build some for my 76 and i need ideas, and to see them on various trucks so that i can see them all at once. And tell me the pros and cons of the brands if you dont mind. Thanks guys, Alex ?:?

OP
OP
trophybass

trophybass

Loc.
Plant City, Florida
Thats why i'm building mine plus it will be just one more peice that makes my bronco mine.;) Well thats just great i was showing my wife the photos in my gallery(i am proud to put my EB on the internet) and she says it looks like a peice of junk, then she sees yours and says now THATS a nice bronco. Oh well in time my dear, in time;) Well yours does look a little better than mine right now.

supermottl

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Indian Harbour Bch,
Hey yeah, thanks buddy...
I got your fuse panel ready to go. I cut with about a foot of the original wiring. I should be able to ship it out tomorrow.
send me some pics when you make your own. I wish I could do that..
good luck

Jimmyjames

Loc.
Romulus, AL
here is my "pre runner" and by that i mean I put the bumper on before I got the bronco running (worth a hoot anyway)%)

Attachments

• front bumpside.jpg
    front bumpside.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 279
Last edited:

Jimmyjames

Loc.
Romulus, AL
here is another shot. This is a custom bumper. A buddy of mine fabed it up for me.

Attachments

• 71broc 005.jpg
    71broc 005.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 269

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
another protofab (powdercoated white)

rear is homemade (rattle canned white {not worth cost of PC} )

6935013_10A.JPG

6935024_21.JPG

GRIZZLY

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lakewood, CA
Protofab. Made my own stainless skid plate. You can't see it from this angle but I installed a quick connect jumper cable connection on the other side of the winch for a 30' jumper cable in my trail bag. Mounted light tabs and have been pretty happy with it. I tipped up on it and skidded down the freeway a bit after jumping over the roof of a car several years ago. All I had to do was sand off the scrape marks and touch up the paint.

685800920009.JPG

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
What is the advantage to a bumper mounted tire carrier? does the weight of the tire eventually have an effect on the body when mounted to the rear corner?

supermottl

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Indian Harbour Bch,
lonesouth said:
What is the advantage to a bumper mounted tire carrier? does the weight of the tire eventually have an effect on the body when mounted to the rear corner?

with a stock size tire, you are prolly OK, but once tires sizes get bigger and heavier, the bondy mounted tire carries are just scary. These bumper mount tire carriers are so great, never rattle or jiggle, and just keep your body clean and w/o holes.

TJK74

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newark CA
Here's one of my favorites. Not mine but wish it was.
Its a Hanson Enterprises.

Attachments

• 20040104101057_hanson1.jpg
    20040104101057_hanson1.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 199
OP
OP
trophybass

trophybass

Loc.
Plant City, Florida
Wow i forgot about the hanson bumpers those are really nice looking.Still i think my favorite so far is the protofab. its just a simple, clean looking bumper that doesnt look like it weighs too much. I will most likely be modeling mine after those.

GRIZZLY

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lakewood, CA
TOMKLU said:
Hey Griz' looks like it needs some work. Or is yours the one on the right?
Missed you and Jeri at Bronco Daze.
Thanks Tom. Wish we could have been there. We might finally get some time off to work on it after this week. And no, the one on the left isn't mine. I think this picture was taken right before Dusty drove up on the hood of it......