• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

SHOW ME YOUR 3" DUAL EXHAUST!

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
14 years! Then it’s about time, we welcomed you!
I hate using my phone because I can’t see joining dates or post counts.

markw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I don’t have pics but we ran 3” dual exhaust on my NORRA race truck. Fender well headers and dumped in front of rear tires. Ford performance 427 aluminum block. Never put it on a dyno.
It was fast and WAY too loud. Was because I wrecked it and am currently rebuilding it. I’m going to do everything I can to run it out the back. Even with helmet and earplugs for the intercom after blasting around the desert for 8-10 hours it’s incredibly fatiguing. Never mind that not being able to hear my navigator was a big part of missing a turn and smacking a concrete power pole.
So I’m not a huge fan of 3” as we did it. But that’s just me…..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Outlaw1

Outlaw1

Contributor
Not-A-Newbie
What's your engine and hp? No needs to hold back the reason you want 3".

NVRSTUCK has the baddest bronco on here and was trying to help, there are a lot of people that come on here and have 300hp, thinking 3" exhaust will help them.

Can I ask you a couple of serious questions?

If my engine makes 1hp or 1,000, what does it matter to you?

If I choose 1" exhaust or 10" exhaust, what does it matter to you?

As far as I can tell, it doesn't really have any bearing on my request for pictures.

Maybe there's some reading comprehension issues due to my poor phrasing of my comments. Please allow me to remove all doubt: I didn't make this thread to ask for anyone's approval. I didn't ask for any opinions. If you've seen dual 3" on a Bronco and want to share some pics, PERFECT! I'd love to see how it was done! If not, I have no idea why you'd have the urge to detail my thread.

It's literally MY choice to build MY Bronco however I want, regardless of how ridiculous you, or the Bronco gods think it is.

White Knight

Contributor
Here you go ….. ceramic headers then stainless all the way back by MagnaFlow and I LOVE it!

Attachments

• IMG_0387.jpeg
    IMG_0387.jpeg
    194.4 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_0388.jpeg
    IMG_0388.jpeg
    250.9 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_0390.jpeg
    IMG_0390.jpeg
    168.9 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_0391.jpeg
    IMG_0391.jpeg
    244.6 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_0389.jpeg
    IMG_0389.jpeg
    177.6 KB · Views: 119
OP
OP
Outlaw1

Outlaw1

Contributor
Not-A-Newbie
I don’t have pics but we ran 3” dual exhaust on my NORRA race truck. Fender well headers and dumped in front of rear tires. Ford performance 427 aluminum block. Never put it on a dyno.
It was fast and WAY too loud. Was because I wrecked it and am currently rebuilding it. I’m going to do everything I can to run it out the back. Even with helmet and earplugs for the intercom after blasting around the desert for 8-10 hours it’s incredibly fatiguing. Never mind that not being able to hear my navigator was a big part of missing a turn and smacking a concrete power pole.
So I’m not a huge fan of 3” as we did it. But that’s just me…..

Sorry to hear you had an accident. Hopefully you made it through without any serious bodily harm.

The only high speed off-road vehicle I've been in is my buddy's trophy truck. It's not what I consider loud, but it is loud enough that it does require good communication devices. I could hear him fine through his headset as we were ripping around. FWIW, I can hear fine with the headset in my drag race car and it's much louder than his trophy truck.

Over the last 35 years I'm sure I've installed many, many, many 3", 4" and 5" systems on most type of gasoline and diesel powered vehicles. All of them were built around a specific goal and none that I'm aware of caused any accidents.

Maybe larger than 2.5" exhaust just is not for Bronco people.

rjrobin2002

Bronco Guru
Sorry to hear you had an accident. Hopefully you made it through without any serious bodily harm.

The only high speed off-road vehicle I've been in is my buddy's trophy truck. It's not what I consider loud, but it is loud enough that it does require good communication devices. I could hear him fine through his headset as we were ripping around. FWIW, I can hear fine with the headset in my drag race car and it's much louder than his trophy truck.

Over the last 35 years I'm sure I've installed many, many, many 3", 4" and 5" systems on most type of gasoline and diesel powered vehicles. All of them were built around a specific goal and none that I'm aware of caused any accidents.

Maybe larger than 2.5" exhaust just is not for Bronco people.
This is a forum where people ask questions out of curiosity, never seen it offend someone. But maybe it's our comprehension problem, LOL.

OP
OP
Outlaw1

Outlaw1

Contributor
Not-A-Newbie
This is a forum where people ask questions out of curiosity, never seen it offend someone. But maybe it's our comprehension problem, LOL.

Again, that's a miscommunication.

Nothing has offended me at all, not even a little. I'm just not interested in debating. It's really just as simple as that.

White Knight

Contributor
Appreciate the comments…. Wish I could take credit for the exhaust. Got the headers from Horsepower Customs who are now in Ensenada, Mexico …. Not sure manufacturer or if they built them. The rest of exhaust was built and installed at MagnaFlow HQ in Oceanside

markw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That is beautiful work. Gives me some ideas for my race truck. Great thread, thank you to the OP for starting it.
My headers were made by Mad Dog Headers. Unfortunately they no longer make them and no longer have the tooling. Good to know about a different option.

Speedrdr

Contributor
Not so wise OLD owl
Loc.
Paris, MS
14 years! Then it’s about time, we welcomed you!
I hate using my phone because I can’t see joining dates or post count
If you turn your phone on the side (landscape view) you can see all that…well at least I see it on mine.

Randy

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I’ve noticed that I do get more information that way. Thanks for the reminder.
But I don’t always see everything that I’m looking for. I’m pretty sure.
I’ll try it again right now.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yep, you’re right! Thanks. I usually turn it landscape when I am viewing a thread with lots of pictures. Rarely do it for reading, though, just for convenience.

Speedrdr

Contributor
Not so wise OLD owl
Loc.
Paris, MS
Yep, you’re right! Thanks. I usually turn it landscape when I am viewing a thread with lots of pictures. Rarely do it for reading, though, just for convenience.
Paul, I’m a little lazy and find that it lets me go between posts without skipping past one. Also our computer is so slow that it takes 20 minutes to load the Forum up. Also the keys are bigger on landscape and that’s a plus with my fat fingers. Lol 😂

Randy

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I’ve noticed that too, but I don’t do any typing on the phone. Only on the computer.
I dictate everything and then just manually correct all the usual mistakes.

76Broncofromhell

Bronco Totalitarian
Loc.
Reno, NV
Can I ask you a couple of serious questions?

If my engine makes 1hp or 1,000, what does it matter to you?

If I choose 1" exhaust or 10" exhaust, what does it matter to you?

As far as I can tell, it doesn't really have any bearing on my request for pictures.

Maybe there's some reading comprehension issues due to my poor phrasing of my comments. Please allow me to remove all doubt: I didn't make this thread to ask for anyone's approval. I didn't ask for any opinions. If you've seen dual 3" on a Bronco and want to share some pics, PERFECT! I'd love to see how it was done! If not, I have no idea why you'd have the urge to detail my thread.

It's literally MY choice to build MY Bronco however I want, regardless of how ridiculous you, or the Bronco gods think it is.

I'm curious if you have ever bothered looking under a Bronco or is this just web wheeling? The frame width (24"), drivetrain choice and suspension heights are the biggest variables that limit your exhaust size. The starter gets in the way on the passenger side and the driveshaft / transfercase / clutch linkage / shift linkage get in the way on the drivers.

You could easily fit 3+ pipes if you didn't care about ground clearance or driveshaft clearance. There simply isn't room to run much more than a 2.5" pipe on the driver's side unless you cut the floor, clock the transfercase or run some very sophisticated oblong bends. Most run a Y pipe over to the passenger though that can be hard with long-tubes and the aforementioned front driveshaft.

Again I'll ask, what engine, header type, transmission, transfercase and what suspension lift / tires are you running? Do you have dual tanks? Where is the exhaust exiting? All of it is possible with enough money and creativity but you never specified.

I haven't seen any off-the-shelf EB headers with a 3" collector in a few years so if you find those you can redeem yourself for your attitude by adding it to this thread.

OP
OP
Outlaw1

Outlaw1

Contributor
Not-A-Newbie
I'm curious if you have ever bothered looking under a Bronco or is this just web wheeling? The frame width (24"), drivetrain choice and suspension heights are the biggest variables that limit your exhaust size. The starter gets in the way on the passenger side and the driveshaft / transfercase / clutch linkage / shift linkage get in the way on the drivers.

You could easily fit 3+ pipes if you didn't care about ground clearance or driveshaft clearance. There simply isn't room to run much more than a 2.5" pipe on the driver's side unless you cut the floor, clock the transfercase or run some very sophisticated oblong bends. Most run a Y pipe over to the passenger though that can be hard with long-tubes and the aforementioned front driveshaft.

Again I'll ask, what engine, header type, transmission, transfercase and what suspension lift / tires are you running? Do you have dual tanks? Where is the exhaust exiting? All of it is possible with enough money and creativity but you never specified.

I haven't seen any off-the-shelf EB headers with a 3" collector in a few years so if you find those you can redeem yourself for your attitude by adding it to this thread.

No.