• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

SHOW ME YOUR Sound Systems!!!...

71BroncoBoy

Loc.
Tallahassee, FL
I have a regular Smittybuilt rollbar on my bronco...I was wondering if I could get some speakers that will clamp on to the bar...kind of like the Jeeps...Im also looking for any other way you guys have sound in your rigs...also if you could provide any info on what needs to be done electrically if I have a stock wiring harness..

Thanks
;D

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
sooooooooooo
i don't even use any stock wires.
i had a marine cd head, and 6x9's on the rear wheel wells.
if you have the basic smittybilt, go get a front cage kit (you'll be safer too)
then i added a component speaker set in the spreader bars, check my gallery for pics.
that was a good system, worked well, sounded fine.

the new system is going to blow that one out of the water though....
sony head in tuffy, 5.5"+1" components in a custom wiper motor cover, gonna mold some 5 way 6x9's into the sides in front of rear seat with fiberglass. Those 6 speakers will be pushed by an 800 watt fosgate amp. plus a single 10" woofer in custom box in the back with 350 watt fosgate going into it...
i'm going for CLEAR and loud this time, not loud and waterproof, as was the last one....

OP
OP

71BroncoBoy

Loc.
Tallahassee, FL
JaxLax said:
sooooooooooo
i don't even use any stock wires.
i had a marine cd head, and 6x9's on the rear wheel wells.
if you have the basic smittybilt, go get a front cage kit (you'll be safer too)
then i added a component speaker set in the spreader bars, check my gallery for pics.
that was a good system, worked well, sounded fine.

the new system is going to blow that one out of the water though....
sony head in tuffy, 5.5"+1" components in a custom wiper motor cover, gonna mold some 5 way 6x9's into the sides in front of rear seat with fiberglass. Those 6 speakers will be pushed by an 800 watt fosgate amp. plus a single 10" woofer in custom box in the back with 350 watt fosgate going into it...
i'm going for CLEAR and loud this time, not loud and waterproof, as was the last one....

Wow, that system sounds sick. That is what system I am looking to put in...2 or more good speakers, and a 10'' to 12'' sub with a good head unit...It also looks like were not too far away...Im in Tallahassee, Im a student FSU, I go visit friends all the time down at UF..Next time Ill drive the Bronco down there...I just got this rig two weeks ago and I need some pointers on how to work on Broncos, this truck is 13 years older than me and Im still trying to figure it out...

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
sure, just leave me a PM.
she is currently in jax, still under the knife (i decided to replace the drivers side rockers)
should be down here by the end of the month....i hope.... %)