• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Show me your swing-out tire carriers....

Merlin76

I am in the process of building a bumper and need some ideas for my tire carrier. Would you guys be so kind as to show me yours to give me a few ideas....?

T.I.A.

Flash69

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Southwest Va
Heres mine. I still need to do some grinding and paint it.

Attachments

• tire1.jpg
    tire1.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 90
  • tire2.jpg
    tire2.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 89
  • tire4.jpg
    tire4.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 81

Leo73EB

Loc.
Central Ohio
supermottl said:
I've shown this one a bazillion times, but, what the heck
pimp my ride.....

..and I wouldn't be ashamed to show that beaut' a bazillion times more! Super nice & PIMP awn! :cool:

JAMMER

Loc.
Colorado Springs, CO
This pic is small but if you want I could get a bigger one. It has a spare hub in the hinge.

Attachments

• bumper rear.jpg
    bumper rear.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 236

watfab

Loc.
Silt Colorado
JAMMER said:
This pic is small but if you want I could get a bigger one. It has a spare hub in the hinge.

Cool idea. We use the hub for the tire carrier but I havent see one used for the pivot before. Can you lock it to stop the swing motion mid swing or lock it when you are driving ? I would like to see some more pictures of that if you have some.
Wade

JAMMER

Loc.
Colorado Springs, CO
wadensd said:
Cool idea. We use the hub for the tire carrier but I havent see one used for the pivot before. Can you lock it to stop the swing motion mid swing or lock it when you are driving ? I would like to see some more pictures of that if you have some.
Wade

Yes It will lock in any position. It has a latch also. Will get some more pics by tonight.

meathead333

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Alexandria, VA
djjone said:
Thanks for posting the pics of my carrier. Let me know if any of you want the specs on it.

Dan

hope you didnt mind, figured since it was on the net it wasnt a big deal. do you make and sell those, or is that the only one?

djjone

Loc.
Norfolk Nebraska
meathead333 said:
hope you didnt mind, figured since it was on the net it wasnt a big deal. do you make and sell those, or is that the only one?

I can build whatever. I built the front and rear bumpers on "MY PRECIOUS" to be a little different from everything I have seen. This carrier pivots on a 1 1/16th dis trailer hub and axle. No rattles that way. Tire mounts on a spare spindle hob and rotor set bolted to the carrier. Never have enough spare parts along, right?

Both front and rear bumpers are 3/16th thick plate and tube, hard pressed to dent these. A little heavy, but the ride is smooth and great.

I've built tube and box types also.

FFMDX

Loc.
Roseville, CA
Here's my Hanson... ;D

Attachments

• hanson1.JPG
    hanson1.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 49
  • hanson2.JPG
    hanson2.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 53