• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Show Us Your Winch And Bumper

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
With my son mstark having a Bronco now (thanks again Don) and getting it stuck this weekend, I'm considering saving up for a winch and bumper. I would appreciate any pics you guys have of your setups with descriptions and recommendations.

Thanks

Mr Joe

Bronco Guru
Here's the older design Hanson bumper with a Warn 9.5 winch. I love it! Well, I don't L-O-V-E it, but it's very nice ;D

Attachments

• com After - Front.jpg
    com After - Front.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 239

Mr Joe

Bronco Guru
73stallion said:
aha, so the thermometric will work on the hansen. i'll have my hansen in about a week or 2...

Yes, it barely fits with zero room to spare :)

YellowBronc

Bronco God
Well........................

Attachments

• astarkwinchidea.jpg
    astarkwinchidea.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 352

screamin reel

Loc.
Calgary, Alberta, Ca
Here's what I have. Heavy duty 1/4", custom built and powder coated. It's a Warn 8274-50. Not the most attractive looking winch because of the height but a very fast puller. Had 2 of these on past trucks.
Actually trying to sell these off cheap because they are not the look I'm after on my rebuild.
Unfortunately you're a little far away.

Last edited:

YellowBronc

Bronco God
On a more serious note, I love the Warn 8274 I have. I got it used and put a few more $$$ in it and had it working for under $350. I think that's the exception to the rule. You also know how cheap I am, so I went with making a bumper myself. Nothing outstanding or fashionable, just made it to hold the winch securely. As you seen at the last OCBR, it held up to everything I did to it.

Attachments

• bumper1.jpg
    bumper1.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 87
  • bumper2.jpg
    bumper2.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 98
  • bumper3.jpg
    bumper3.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 62
OP
OP
astark

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
YellowBronc said:
Well........................

LOL but I'm afraid in this weekends case he would have winched himself into an even worse situation :eek:

It was one of the worse stucks I've ever seen. He had run out of challenging trail and decided to make some more, level four plus kind of stuff and everyone who tried to assist could hardly believe he had even gotten to where he had, without any trail there.

Which reminds me, we need to work on that PTO winch of his ;)

YellowBronc

Bronco God
astark said:
It was one of the worse stucks I've ever seen. He had run out of challenging trail and decided to make some more, level four plus kind of stuff and everyone who tried to assist could hardly believe he had even gotten to where he had, without any trail there.
Makes a Dad (and pseudo Uncle) proud!!!! LOL

I may have to rethink my "First ride" at OCBR next year. ;D ;D ;D

mstark

Loc.
Batesville Arkansas
YellowBronc said:
Makes a Dad (and pseudo Uncle) proud!!!! LOL

I may have to rethink my "First ride" at OCBR next year. ;D ;D ;D

I'd like to thaink you again, Don. You've opened up a whole new door full of father son bonding moments. ;D We spent all day yesterday, and about an hour the day before yesterday "bonding". I'm surprised at how well this truck works. I'm beginning to think it's got LS units front and rear, because it really does hook up well.

Oh, and you're not scared to be the first to go up Ingrid's Revenge in it are you? ;D :cool: ;)

joe

Bronco Guru
astark said:
LOL but I'm afraid in this weekends case he would have winched himself into an even worse situation :eek:

i use a multi mount just because of that situation. i really like goin where no man has gon before and found myself in trouble with no way out. with the mounted winch on front it limits its use. i've tried to loop the cable under the beast before and succeeded but tore up stuff, mostly cables doing it.

now i use the multi mount. slides into my reciever. got recievers on both ends, on an old 77 i acually had recievers on the sides of the frame rails to pull me sidways. its a little work to carry a winch from front to back but its nice being able to back out of somewhere you probobly shouldnt have gone. ;D

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Here's mine. Duff bumper with Warn 8000i.

Attachments

• bumper.jpg
    bumper.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 153

wilson

Here's my BailieBilt with 9000 Warn, got me out of everything so far;D I have Scotts from American Bronco in the garage I would make A good deal on.

Attachments

• DSC01467.JPG
    DSC01467.JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:

icebreaker88

Loc.
Warren,MI
Protofab classic winch W/ 9500ti
picture-082.jpg

blazinchuck

Bronco Guru
Here's mine...a free Warn bumper that I modified to sit closer and higher without the wrap-around corners. The Warn M8000 came with the bronco, but wasn't working and without a remote. Bought a new remote and fixed the bad connection...Now it works. Really works, must have used this thing 30 times in tha last year, for me and mostly for my friends;D Chuck

Attachments

• 13634truck_pics_082.jpg
    13634truck_pics_082.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 117
  • 4x4 pics 369.jpg
    4x4 pics 369.jpg
    234.6 KB · Views: 55

la77

Loc.
Alexandria LA
Here Is Mine. Made It Myself Not A Very Good Welder. Built It With Rear Tire Swing Open And I Thought The Front Was All Level Until I Closed The Tire Swing And Bronco Leveled Out And Dooh!@#&$&* Not Level But Works Great Anyway. Cost Me About $75 For 2x4 1/4 Steel And Half Inch Plate For Front Center Piece. Warn 8274 Used With Rebuild Stuff For $300 Wanted A Baille Bilt Bumper But Didn't Like The Way My Winch Would Have Sat So High. And Another Homemade One Where I Got My Idea From

Attachments

• ocbr06 028.jpg
    ocbr06 028.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 115
  • ocbr06 070.jpg
    ocbr06 070.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 84
  • 100_0953.jpg
    100_0953.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 168

crawln68

Bronco Guru
Here is mine that I built at home from some scrap 2x8 rectangle tubing. And I too love my 8274-50 winch! It's saved me (and others) on more than one occasion.

Attachments

• 100_0932.jpg
    100_0932.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 43
  • 100_0933.jpg
    100_0933.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 56
  • 100_0945.jpg
    100_0945.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 89
  • 100_2046.jpg
    100_2046.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 105

68 Broncoholic

Bronco Guru
Loc.
WA
Pretty much the same as above.... Used 2x8 Box tube mounted on top of the frame rails since I have a 2" body lift, angled it back 45* return on front to meet the bottom frame rail, bolts thru the side plates and on top.