• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Side Mirror options

Greg_B

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cohutta, GA
Is ther a better mirror that would mount in the stock location? Preferrably in the stock holes. And by better I mean larger I guess.

Mine shakes and looks worn... I was going to just get a stock type replacement. BTW... who has the best stock replacements?

Greg

Steve83

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Memphis, TN, USA, Earth, Milky Way
A larger mirror in the stock holes will shake more. For a bigger, heavier mirror, you need more support by spreading out the mounting points. The '85-96 bubble-back mirrors are very popular, and easy to mount.

Mr. Mikes 74

Loc.
Long Island
I have the same issue on my 74. I posted a thread about mirrors and someone said they are using late model toyota fj mirrors. They looked ok but I dont want to cross breed. Heres the link to the thread i started..... http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=192802 The following link i saw on Jeffs bronco graveyard under readers rides and i cant find any information about this mirror or a similiar one to it. Looks like the style would solve our problems. http://broncograveyard.com/readers/r-5173-1970-ford-bronco.html

BG's 68 Bronco

Check out the Fj Cruisers side mirror. I think some of the guys have used them and they fit the curve of the door nicely. You can get them with or without the light in them too. Expensive though and not sure what they would go for at a pick ur part.

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
Looks good ^

IMG_0338.JPG

kaw550

Bronco Guru
I have the same problem with mine. I tried similar looking mirrors from Pep Boys but they didnt have enought range of motion to allow for proper adjustment.

I have one inthe garage from advanced auto parts that seems to work but the base is smaller

The mirrors that steve83 posted are starting to grow on me.

bpugh88

A larger mirror in the stock holes will shake more. For a bigger, heavier mirror, you need more support by spreading out the mounting points. The '85-96 bubble-back mirrors are very popular, and easy to mount.

The PO put these mirrors on my truck. They work pretty well and look like they could be stock if someone was not familiar with EB's.

daddycreswell

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lebanon, TN
Greg_B I'll see you tomorrow afternoon about 3 pm. I have to get back to town for a birthday party so it will be a handshake and a thank you type of day.

OP
OP
Greg_B

Greg_B

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cohutta, GA

How do these cover up the stock holes? I dont want to have an extra set of holes in my door. If they covered up or used the stock holes that would be perfect.

Greg

regshawn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Portland
I saw these one day when I was looking for Mirror options, someone on here years ago was making them and that's as far as I got.

Attachments

• Mirror - Pass.JPG
    Mirror - Pass.JPG
    46.5 KB · Views: 124
  • Mirror - Drivers.JPG
    Mirror - Drivers.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 109

bigpitbull

BRONCO ADDICT
Loc.
Saltillo, MS
I saw these one day when I was looking for Mirror options, someone on here years ago was making them and that's as far as I got.

I am in the market for a side mirror that I can mount with the doors removed. If anyone has any info that would he great!