• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Side mirror options?

Dne007

Contributor
Hi, just checking to see what my options are for side mirrors? I'd like something larger than the small stock mirrors. what else is there?
thanks
dne'

Attachments

• Bronco side views.jpg
    Bronco side views.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 51
  • Bronco side view.jpg
    Bronco side view.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 50

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That's a great pic 67! Maybe not of the mirror detail necessarily, but certainly a great pic of the Bronco in it's element.

Paul

OP
OP
Dne007

Dne007

Contributor
I found these and I believe they also come in flat black. I was wondering if the lower attachment would require beefing up on the inside of the door?

BGBronco

Contributor
N A S H V I L L E
Loc.
Tennessee
I went back and forth on this a few years ago. Bought the fold aways but ended up staying with stock mirrors.

EPB72

Contributor
Loc.
Pleasant Hill, CA
I found these and I believe they also come in flat black. I was wondering if the lower attachment would require beefing up on the inside of the door?

Since you posted them ,I have a pair of these mirriors NOS from ford that I've had since the mid 90's that i'd be willing to get rid of . there stainless pretty sure? would have to dig them out...

reamer

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Go with the Ford 80's style mirrors... but NOTE: the F-150, Full size Bronco, Ranger, and Bronco II share the same rounded mirror heads BUT Ranger and Bronco II have smaller (and correct) swing away arms.
Getting a set of 80's F-150 mirrors (and arms) installed, and you look like you have "big ears".. The ranger and Bronco II arms are more proportional...
Finished Right (3).jpg

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Agree about the big ears look. But that’s what I have on all three of my older trucks. I like the big view area.
I did buy a set of the smaller ones though and I’m gonna try those.

OP
OP
Dne007

Dne007

Contributor
I'd like to see what those look like Donk, the smaller ones that is;)

Agree about the big ears look. But that’s what I have on all three of my older trucks. I like the big view area.
I did buy a set of the smaller ones though and I’m gonna try those.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Get a picture sometime today for you.
Unless of course I can’t find the small mirrors because I put them in a stack!

OP
OP
Dne007

Dne007

Contributor
I want to thank you for the offer, but I just want to see all options before I start drilling holes in my new panels;)

Since you posted them ,I have a pair of these mirriors NOS from ford that I've had since the mid 90's that i'd be willing to get rid of . there stainless pretty sure? would have to dig them out...

OP
OP
Dne007

Dne007

Contributor
I know all too well about misplacing things! took me 30 minutes to find my spot weld cutter bit! grrrr

Get a picture sometime today for you.
Unless of course I can’t find the small mirrors because I put them in a stack!

txtruk15

Contributor
Loc.
Highland Village, TX
I like these but they install on the side of the windshield/pillar not the door, which is nice when you're using trail doors...not too expensive and you can find them on several online shops

Attachments

• 20210515_123209(1).jpg
    20210515_123209(1).jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 164

reamer

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Mirror heads are the same size. Big ears comes from the larger swing arms...

661buster1963

67 sport, I like how your ride looks too. Well done.

Since my 68 Bronco is a Harley edition I plan to get some nice Harley mirrors, pick the big ones for a bike but will be small for a bronco but have see some nice ones. May have to be ‘innovative’ with bracket designs but was planning to be spotless too and mount to the roll cage. Likely will be the only chrome on my ride.Or black chrome

67sport

Loc.
Vancouver Island, Canada
67 sport, I like how your ride looks too. Well done.

Since my 68 Bronco is a Harley edition I plan to get some nice Harley mirrors, pick the big ones for a bike but will be small for a bronco but have see some nice ones. May have to be ‘innovative’ with bracket designs but was planning to be spotless too and mount to the roll cage. Likely will be the only chrome on my ride.Or black chrome
Thank you.
When I was looking for mirrors, I really liked some of the bar mount ones, but wanted to keep the option of putting the doors back on if I choose. My doors only have the small driver side mirror, so I am hopeful these will still be viewable through te vent window, and I'll remove and save the original mirror
Post up your mirrors when you find them!