• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

side mirrors w/o doors

vegasbronco1

Loc.
Las Vegas, Nevada
I am wanting to take my doors off for the rest of the summer. My side mirrors are mounted on my doors though. I was wondering if any one knows about a side mirror that could clamp to the rain gutter or something. If at all possible I would like to avoid putting any more holes in the fenders. If anyone knows of anything please let me know.

Thanks John.

Pirate EB

Loc.
Cary, NC
I havn't seen anything like you want. When I run with no doors, I just have no mirrors. The law has never bothered me (if that's your concern).

agent_orange_71

Loc.
Bluefield, WV
Alot of people use CJ5 mirrors which are designed to mount to the windshield frame. Have you thought about making your window frames removable? Youll still have the doors and mirrors, but no window frame sticking up there.

hd03sporty

Loc.
Tucson AZ
These were made by Mike Bowlin His "Mikey Mirrors" I have his e-mail in here somewhere i'll post it if your interested..

Attachments

• mikey.jpg
    mikey.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 399
B

bronko69er

I had the same dilemma last summer. What I ended up doing was taking an old pair of universal truck door folding mirrors, drilling out the pins on which they pivot and bolting them into my door hinges. The mirror support fixtures had to be bent a little but it looked ok and it didn't cost much.

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
I use Jeep mirrors mounted to the bottom of the windshield. I had to swap part of the brackets around and redrill the passenger side so the arm was in the right position. I would try to get a pic but they are off it right now while it is awaiting paint.

brewdude

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Groveland, CA
Here is what I did. I bought a small truck mirror from Pep-Boys for 19 bucks and twisted the bracket to line up with my windshield. Then used self tapping screws to attatch it to the windshield frame.side mirror

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Mirrors.. what mirrors? I don't even have them on my doors since I filled in the stock holes when I painted it several years ago and haven't rigged something else up yet. I'd like to see more on the CJ idea on the windshield frame.

OP
OP
V

vegasbronco1

Loc.
Las Vegas, Nevada
Pirate eb:

The law is definetly my main concern. I would chance it but knowing my luck I would get caught. I am not positive but I am pretty sure it is law to at least have a driver side.

SC 74:

I would also like to see some more on the cj mirrors if possible.

agent orange 71:

How do you make the frames removable?

I apreciate the help and ideas. No one knows of any that could just clamp on the rain gutter, because they would not be permanent. I would only use them when the doors are off. I would rather not drill any holes in the windshield frame. I will if I have to but would rather not.

72_EB

Contributor
66to77
I have Grote ones on my fenders.
I like Mikey's windshield ones though! Those look slick!

feitctaj

FNG
Loc.
Group W Bench
vegasbronco1 said:
. No one knows of any that could just clamp on the rain gutter, because they would not be permanent. I would only use them when the doors are off. I would rather not drill any holes in the windshield frame. I will if I have to but would rather not.
I tried to find some that just clamped to the rain gutter, and like I said I found one that clamped to the rain gutter off of a 37 Hudson, I asked the street rod boys and they knew of some apps that were like your request.

OP
OP
V

vegasbronco1

Loc.
Las Vegas, Nevada
feitctaj said:
I tried to find some that just clamped to the rain gutter, and like I said I found one that clamped to the rain gutter off of a 37 Hudson, I asked the street rod boys and they knew of some apps that were like your request.

So where would I be able to get them and how much? You wouldn't happen to have any pics would you?

feitctaj

FNG
Loc.
Group W Bench
you live in Vegas , I would ask the street rod boys there, I asked in the local areaand a guy told me of a local guy that might have them. I can't give you a photo right now as I a mnot at home

mlogan24

Bronco Guru
The Grote Mini-truck mirrors from Napa will mount sideways on the windshield. Someone on here had posted a pic of them mounted that way. I have them on my fender. Work great!

El Jefe

Bronco Guru
SC74 said:
.... I'd like to see more on the CJ idea on the windshield frame.

Check out Broncolove's trucks (do a search for his username/gallery, the copper truck has them for sure). He's got the CJ mirrors and it looks pretty good on his truck. One day i'll do that mod myself.

broncolove

The Bronco Ranch
Loc.
S.E. Michigan
;D Heres the CJ mirrors on mine ;D
my69.JPG