• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Side mirrors

bigdaddy1102

Loc.
Tallahassee
Hey guys, I just bought my first Bronco and am really excited. However, the doors have been removed and therefore, I have no side mirrors. Does anyone have any suggestions on what will fit best. I'll probably have to mount them to the side of the Bronco and am trying to determine which will be easiest to install, and should I put doors on it, be easiest to uninstall.
Thanks for any help you can offer!

Bundy

Bronco Guru
I had the same Q a few years ago, someone suggested one of the cheap auto parts store concave round mirrors and I just super glued it to the door jam. It's kinda functional but the fuzz can't say I don't have one!

Plus it was about $8 total.

00gyrhed

Bronco Guru
I tried the Jeep mirrors tied to the window frame so i could swap doors. They looked like poop and everybody made fun of them.

I am currently trying to work out some bullseye mirrors mounted on th ewindow frame.

Hopefully they will look better.

If you find something yoy like post it. I will post mine when I get them built but I got sidetracked to fix some electrical issues.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Do you have inserts? Or just no doors? Originally I mounted cheap plastic flag mirrors on the overlapping the front fender and insert seam. These worked OK. See the first pic.

I have since relocated better mirrors high on the roll call cage. I like them much better. See the second pic.

Attachments

• DSC01932.JPG
    DSC01932.JPG
    152.2 KB · Views: 141
  • DSC00160.jpg
    DSC00160.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 133

ghost66

Bronco Guru
Hey guys, I just bought my first Bronco and am really excited. However, the doors have been removed and therefore, I have no side mirrors. Does anyone have any suggestions on what will fit best. I'll probably have to mount them to the side of the Bronco and am trying to determine which will be easiest to install, and should I put doors on it, be easiest to uninstall.
Thanks for any help you can offer!

I bought a set of these off ebay made for Broncos, can't remember who the seller was but he might still be selling them. Offered black enamel and chrome versions, they work excellent for me mount to the winshield frame

Attachments

• 74 ghost 001.jpg
    74 ghost 001.jpg
    291 KB · Views: 141

Z Bronco

Bronco Guru
I use Jeep mirrors on mine. At first they were up above the arm, now they are flipped lower (better angle and out of the way), they work great. DSCN0626.jpg

K7A1384B3BC20A_1000277.jpg

bknbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
North Metro, MN
Jc Whitney has 205 mirror choices. I can tell you that you have to keep a eye on passanger side mirror placement so that the dash doesnt interfear with being able to see the mirror. You have choices from a small motorcycle mirror to a large dual focus mirror. i have been looking for months but ant made a decision yet. I like the tiny motorcycle ones to make it street legal but they wont do much for actually working. I also like the large ones http://www.jcwhitney.com/dual-focal-point-mirrors/p2008367.jcwx?filterid=j1 i can tell you this one with the dual focus would be great for city driving and pulling a trailer. I may end up getting two sets of mirrors...the large ones to mount to the doors and the small ones to slide on the door hinges when going doorless. You have to make a decision, fit, or function sometimes.

prosys1

Loc.
Victorville, CA
I bought a set of these off ebay made for Broncos, can't remember who the seller was but he might still be selling them. Offered black enamel and chrome versions, they work excellent for me mount to the winshield frame

These look nice. I need mirrors too. I'll try and find them on ebay and let you know.