• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

simple exhaust question

nkhd1

Removed exhaust from stock manifolds to replace donuts and fix exhaust leak. The old donuts are fit over a small piece of tubing. Is this right? Do I need these little short tubes? They are 2" OD where the donut fits and necks down to 1.75" and fit down into the exhaust. One is about 2.5" long and the other just over 1.13"(hacked on).

I presume they are to maintain the ID of the donut to keep i from collapsing? I would not think it necessary.

thanks

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Pics?

Not really sure what you are asking about. The standard doughnuts fit over tubing, I don't see any other way that the doughnuts could work. So I am not sure what you are asking about removing?

OP
OP
N

nkhd1

neighbor gave me the answer. They are due to a bad exhaust job in the past and are now necessary to get a good seal.
Thanks