• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Simple Seat Question!

hlkilby

Loc.
Joplin,MO
Looking to upgrade front seats to new high-back buckets that are comfortable,semi-easy to install, and will support 5 point harness system. Any recommendations?

Thanks!

68ford

Bronco Guru
beards or prp's, bolt in with brackets, the most comfortable in my opinion, have slots for 5points, and are probably the most durable too.

BRussell

Loc.
Winston Salem
Seats

I installed a set of TENZO R racing seats that have the holes already for a 5-point harness. They are very comfortable and I welded a bracket into my roll cage to bolt up my 5-point set up. I have the R.J.S. quick realease set up from Summit Racing up front and the matching R.J.S. lap belts in the rear. I love them and the cool thing is you don't need to wear the shoulder straps unless you want to. As for my seat brackets a companywww.mmrusa.com custom made me brackets for my seats and that bolt into my 71 Bronco. They worked great and the sliders are on the side for easy access. Everything was so easy to nstall and they look great. I hope this helps...

Mikeg23

Loc.
Greenwood, IN
I've got plastic racing style seats with cushioned seat covers from 4wd.com and I like them quite a bit. I haven't tried them with seat belts yet, one of the many things I need to get done is install my seat belts, but the're comfortable and I can hit them with the hose.

Of course I probably wouldn't use them on a daily driver. The're a bit difficult to climb in and out of and they aren't the best looking seats either.